• Jones
    • Wellens
    • Winchester
    • Philliskirk
    • Cassidy
    • Poleon
    • Yeates
    • Higdon

He made at least four important saves to keep us in the game, was impeded for the goal and he didn't cost us the game at 1-1...

There was no shot in that match which he shouldn't have saved, it was the most routine afternoon other than blaming everyone but himself for the goal and then chucking them the ball back after we'd equalised when the tamest shot all game came straight at him.

There was no shot in that match which he shouldn't have saved, it was the most routine afternoon other than blaming everyone but himself for the goal and then chucking them the ball back after we'd equalised when the tamest shot all game came straight at him.

That was almost a "typical Latics" venom-producing moment, instead of the quickly-forgotten moment in the euphoria of snatching a point from the Mowbray's cocky Sky Blues.

That was almost a "typical Latics" venom-producing moment, instead of the quickly-forgotten moment in the euphoria of snatching a point from the Mowbray's cocky Sky Blues.

How my emotions leaving the Ricoh would have been different! Luckily it didn't cost us and I went home a happy man

Whoever we have in the back 4 are going to be completely undermined by the current goalkeeping situation.

Both are a liability at present and are completely different in style to make matters worse!! At least Coleman has shown he is capable at this level however. Cornell out (if possible) and a new number one brought in with Coleman remaining as back up has to be a priority.

More even than a centre half, it is key to us staying up for me.

Edited by whitey1980

Cornell is one of the worst keepers we have had in years. And this is from someone who has stuck up for every keeper we have had going back to the likes of Adam Legzdins under Shez! It isn't just about his ability to come for a ball but that he can't even catch it sometimes when he gets there. Those crying for a foul on him for their goal really do need to behave...he'd already had a warning 30 seconds earlier when Mike Jones had to head off the line. The exact same corner came over and boom...they are 1-0 up.

For me, not one of them had a good full 90 mins. The 3 who had a shout of MOTM is Dieng, Eckersley and DP for the goal. The mention above for Brian Wilson, I thought he started well but faded and was guilty as others for giving the ball away cheaply. Dieng was decent at times but then at times looked shaky as owt and panicked. Eckersley was very very lucky not to concede what I felt was a stonewall penalty but other than that he did put in a shift and tried to get forward a lot in the 2nd half. Narrowly won the MOTM for me but overall, I would've been leaving the Ricoh majorly pissed off at little improvement but for us scoring when it seemed destined that we never would. I can't fault the effort but that doesn't and isn't winning us games. We must build on this fortunate point/morale booster now.

Cornell is one of the worst keepers we have had in years. And this is from someone who has stuck up for every keeper we have had going back to the likes of Adam Legzdins under Shez! It isn't just about his ability to come for a ball but that he can't even catch it sometimes when he gets there. Those crying for a foul on him for their goal really do need to behave...he'd already had a warning 30 seconds earlier when Mike Jones had to head off the line. The exact same corner came over and boom...they are 1-0 up.

For me, not one of them had a good full 90 mins. The 3 who had a shout of MOTM is Dieng, Eckersley and DP for the goal. The mention above for Brian Wilson, I thought he started well but faded and was guilty as others for giving the ball away cheaply. Dieng was decent at times but then at times looked shaky as owt and panicked. Eckersley was very very lucky not to concede what I felt was a stonewall penalty but other than that he did put in a shift and tried to get forward a lot in the 2nd half. Narrowly won the MOTM for me but overall, I would've been leaving the Ricoh majorly pissed off at little improvement but for us scoring when it seemed destined that we never would. I can't fault the effort but that doesn't and isn't winning us games. We must build on this fortunate point/morale booster now.

Defended Jake Kean and Paddy Kenny?

To be fair, no, I didn't defend them nor did I slate them as they were here today, gone tomorrow.

I meant more like when the rumbling debates over Crossley, Oxley and Bouzanis reigned for weeks and months etc.

I'd kill for Bouzanis to be in our goal right now - both him and Cisak were decent keepers, strongest we've been in that position for years