Independent Article

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand the value of ownership & assets vs owning :censored: all...

If the club is up for sale.... What is exactly up for sale is an interesting question... Is the ground and the land it sits on up for sale ?

I think that goes without saying.

Which is why there is no prospect of any imminent sale.

I challenge you to find a link to such information. I don't believe that has ever been said before. I certainly missed it.[/quotehttp://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/45111-digging-into-oafc-please-read/

Looks like I am having a massive moment of amnesia... Specially considering I commented on that thread :( Thanks for the correction!

Nobody's going to buy us now as there's very little land left to do anything with. Genuinely think the next people to own us will move us from BP.

Whoever it is, if anyone, its going to require vast sums.... That our we start using other peoples stadiums (although I suppose we already do)...

Nobody's going to buy us now as there's very little land left to do anything with. Genuinely think the next people to own us will move us from BP.

Not sure about that, not every owner is about making money.

But I don't see a scenario where somebody pays rent to the current lot to use the pitch and they keep hold of OEC - well not unless it is some form of supporter trust takeover...

Whoever it is, if anyone, its going to require vast sums.... That our we start using other peoples stadiums (although I suppose we already do)...

If they moved us, say next season, would brassbank still have to refrain from developing the land for another 19 years?

If they moved us, say next season, would brassbank still have to refrain from developing the land for another 19 years?

I have no idea how water tight it all is... In the end if there is no club, or we have moved, you can bet Oldham Council will have big eyes for all the extra council tax could be raised from some more houses on the ground. And anyway, who wants a massive patch of bare land just left going to no use... I doubt many at that point would be fighting against it. Other than the NIMBYs worrying about their house prices.

Edited by oafc0000

So what is the current situation with OEC ? Do they club see any of that money ?

My understanding is that OEC pay the club rent.

The club then give that money back to Blitz and Gazal to repay the loan that built the stand.

At a guess.

Edited by opinions4u

My understanding is that OEC pay the club rent.

The club then give that money baby to Blitz and Gazal to repay the loan that built the stand.

At a guess.

I think it's pretty safe to assume not.

So at best rent and at worse :censored: all...

And remember everybody, this was the promised golden ticket to solve all our financial problems....

Maybe another issue the trust could cast some light on...

Edited by oafc0000

So at best rent and at worse :censored: all...

And remember everybody, this was the promised golden ticket to solve all our financial problems....

Maybe another issue the trust could cast some light on...

Hasn't the lease recently been renewed? In which case Brassbank could have granted a non-exclusive lease to the club that allows it also to grant a separate lease to OEC. o4u may well be right, I'm just speculating.