Last time we won against 10 men

Guest nonaenever

The point is this though. They went down to 10 just prior to half time. The whole team talk should have focussed on how to take advantage of our extra man for a full half. First game I`ve missed in years (man flu) but it seems we failed miserably. I am a HUGE fan of Shez's but is he becoming a little obsessed with 'the state of our pitch' issue? i.e. are the players being instructed to lump it up? Sounds like Dale didn't have a problem passing it around?

I am so fed up it's unbelievable - honestly thought we'd have got 3 points today - and would have meant some of the stay-aways who came back in force (by the size of the crowd) may have stuck with us for a while.

Huge opportunity missed all round here.

The point is this though. They went down to 10 just prior to half time. The whole team talk should have focussed on how to take advantage of our extra man for a full half. First game I`ve missed in years (man flu) but it seems we failed miserably. I am a HUGE fan of Shez's but is he becoming a little obsessed with 'the state of our pitch' issue? i.e. are the players being instructed to lump it up? Sounds like Dale didn't have a problem passing it around?

I am so fed up it's unbelievable - honestly thought we'd have got 3 points today - and would have meant some of the stay-aways who came back in force (by the size of the crowd) may have stuck with us for a while.

Huge opportunity missed all round here.

which conversley means Hill had his half time team talk to sort out thier game plan for the second half suspect it was keep it tight and try and nick something the own goal was just what they needed as for being over run in midfield we played 442 as did bury last week and the blunts the time before it plays in to rochdales hands every time as he sets his teams up to punish that formation something he openly alluded to post match at Bury

Stretch the play wide.

Tire the opposition by pulling them all over the place.

boom get your wingers hugging the touch line lots of long crossfield passes to and from them stretch play accross as well as up and down the field make them work hard lots of movement from the forwards use the extra body to create space not just hoofing long balls up the middle of the park

Seem to remember beating Sheff utd in the Prem. IIRC, they took the lead with 9 men.

It was in the 1st Div.... and I think they won the 2nd half 1-0 with 9 men, having been 2-0 down at HT. Ian Marshall & Glynn Snodin scored our goals IIRC.

The reason I think I recall this is because Sheff Utd's players were back out on the pitch only a couple of mins after leaving. Dave Bassett had locked the dressing room door and told them to fu(k off out of his sight until they showed more pride. - it worked!

Edited by lookersstandandy