If Evans is now found not guilty at retrial would you be ok with us signing him?

If Evans is found not guilty would you now sign him?  

174 members have voted

1. 1. If Evans is found not guilty would you now be OK with us signing him?

• I would and I would have done last time round
    • I was against it last time round but would be OK with us signing him now if not guilty
    • I was against it last time and I still wouldn't want us to sign him
    • I was for it last time but wouldn't want to sign him if now (you never know?)

It looks like this is just a formality now in my eyes and assuming he's found not guilty or the prosecution don't go ahead with a retrial would you now be ok with us signing him?

I think he'll sign for a bigger club now anyway - Bristol City is my prediction, but....what if he felt he owed us....?

Mods feel free to merge this with the other thread if you're feeling anal this morning :grin:

Edited by HarryBosch

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've voted against, both times.

I was against last time on principle.

I am against this time because

a) The trial still needs to happen.

B) If he was already our player, he'd be suspended, innocent or not.

c) The trial may or be for some time.

d) On purely football grounds, he is way off match fitness/sharpness, and he may never gain anything like his former prowess.

e) Wait until retrial, he may still be convicted.

f) This is about him quashing his conviction now, not getting to play again. He'll be to old to play League competently. He'll go to conference or lower If acquited. He'll have been out if the game longer than he was in it.

Edited by singe

If Shez wanted him & he'd been fully cleared in court then I'd not feel inclined to kick up a fuss. I'm avoiding mentioning the events and the moral aspect that some would find still present, guilty or otherwise because of the impending retrial & I know prospective jurors in Wales are big fans of my posts.

(I wasn't there but didn't someone ask Shez about signing him at the trust meeting & he was dismissive though he's obviously dealt with similar stormy situations here & at Plymouth. )

Edited by Twisbrogan

If Shez wanted him & he'd been fully cleared in court then I'd not feel inclined to kick up a fuss. I'm avoiding mentioning the events and the moral aspect that some would find still present, guilty or otherwise because of the impending retrial & I know prospective jurors in Wales are big fans of my posts.

(I wasn't there but didn't someone ask Shez about signing him at the trust meeting & he was dismissive though he's obviously dealt with similar stormy situations here & at Plymouth. )

He said "I'm not even going to answer that..." or words to that effect with a look of disdain for the questioner...

Not in the eyes of the law but he'll still be a wrong un in my eyes, "morally" or whatever...

This just doesn't make sense.

Lots of ppl wouldn't sign him last time, due to the law...

Now, potentially if he is cleared retrial, the law suddenly doesn't matter - and he's thereby tainted as "wrong-on" due to (what would then be) a total miscarriage of justice.

Cant see him signing for anybody unti after the re-trial and that may not start for months so I doubt he will be available for next season

after that IF he is proved innocent then why not sign a wrongly convicted innocent man.

if we judged footballer for their morals then alot of careers would be over before they began at every single level.

This just doesn't make sense.

Lots of ppl wouldn't sign him last time, due to the law...

Now, potentially if he is cleared retrial, the law suddenly doesn't matter - and he's thereby tainted as "wrong-on" due to (what would then be) a total miscarriage of justice.

His actions were still those of a wrong un in my opinion. Even if they're ultimately proven to have not been illegal.

In what way does that not make sense?

If his retrial finds him innocent, then I expect him to be treated like you or I. Simple.

We'll never sign him then I'm :censored:ing useless.

Not sure why that was in response to my post. I am sure it's me that's not reading it right, but for clarity, please explain.

:lol: