D-day

Surely everyone's predictions should be hidden.... like all games kick off at the same time on the final day.... so there is no benefit to any team fighting for any position?

I'm happy to hide everyone's but the difficulty with that would be that posters wouldn't be able to edit once their predictions were hidden.

As we head into the final round of predictions, anyone who wants me to hide their final prediction of the season can drop me a PM. I will make them visible at around kick-off time on Sunday.

Cheers.

I haven't changed my mind about this since the last fiasco when Joe P missed out by the narrowest of margins and fell away never to be seen again. And after the unfair disciplinary nonsense of last season, I'm just not sure I would want to change the golf scoring system, where everything is transparent to everyone, for one where things are at once hidden and yet deemed to be there by the powers that be.

This is what happens when someone tries to adopt devious tactics in a previous competition. It makes everyone suspicious of others. And have you noticed how quiet Mr Tulsehill has been recently? Until now.

Edited by Bristolatic

The league table speaks for itself, no?

Indeed it does. But it doesn't predict the final table after Saturday. And you've downboated me, you dastardly fiend. I thought you liked me. I'm heartbroken and inconsolable. :cry::grin:

..... And have you noticed how quiet Mr Tulsehill has been recently? Until now.

The parallels between Leicester and Spurs are palpable. 24hours is Spurs, thinks he's a big club but isn't really..... keeps crowing about past successes that most of us don't recall.... nzlatic is Leicester. Exciting to watch, having recently won the cup on the verge of achieving something impossible. Let's all head off to nzVardy's house for a party.

Edited by lookersstandandy

As we head into the final round of predictions, anyone who wants me to hide their final prediction of the season can drop me a PM. I will make them visible at around kick-off time on Sunday.

Cheers.

Hang on a minute - you're 3rd with an outside chance of winning, especially if they cut each others throats...

I thought you were better than this.....

Hang on a minute - you're 3rd with an outside chance of winning, especially if they cut each others throats...

You thought wrong.

Honestly, though, I did think of this after I'd posted (on the back of being asked by predictors about how they might go about preventing certain other predictors keeping the ball in the corner for 90 mins).

And, in order to have any chance of winning, I'll have to go with a wildly different prediction to the top two.

Do you know what, bollocks to it, no hiding of predictions, you'll have to rely on late edits/posts to avoid your competitors having time to duplicate your posts.

You thought wrong.

Honestly, though, I did think of this after I'd posted (on the back of being asked by predictors about how they might go about preventing certain other predictors keeping the ball in the corner for 90 mins).

And, in order to have any chance of winning, I'll have to go with a wildly different prediction to the top two.

Do you know what, bollocks to it, no hiding of predictions, you'll have to rely on late edits/posts to avoid your competitors having time to duplicate your posts.

The timing of any copied posts could prove interesting. Come 12:19 on Sunday, the last minute rush could rival midnight (or is it 23:00) on transfer window deadline day.

You thought wrong.

Correct decision. Preserves the integrity of the competition, which is all I'm interested in really. And other predictors should've thought about the ball in the corner for the other 45 games, not just this one. Too little, too late. Deadbeats. Sweet Mary Mother of God what is wrong with these people?

If I'm Spurs and nzlatic is Leicester...that would make lookerstandandy what? Liverpool? Man U-:censored:ing-nited?

Actually it can't be either of those two because they've won stuff.

The parallels between Leicester and Spurs are palpable. 24hours is Spurs, thinks he's a big club but isn't really..... keeps crowing about past successes that most of us don't recall.... nzlatic is Leicester. Exciting to watch, having recently won the cup on the verge of achieving something impossible. Let's all head off to nzVardy's house for a party.

Vardyparty sounds great, but I haven't told the missus I've got to spend a sunny Sunday lunch time glued to the laptop with my atomic clock on the go. So all brownie points will be used up in one hit.

Big day tomorrow, doubt I'll get much sleep but watching Leicester right now spurs me on.

Happy helicopter day everyone.

I wouldn't want today to end in moaning and rule quibbling, so to avoid any court room drama later on, could we have a clarification of what time is the cut off for predictions? ie what is the latest accepted time stamp, 12.19 or 12.20?

Looking forward to a dilly dong last day battle with all still in the hunt for the title...

12:20 is the latest acceptable time stamp.

The tension is palpable.

I'm not accusing nzlatic of introducing bad blood to an honourable competition, but I am accusing lookerstandandy, rudemedic, Harry Bosch and certain Prediction League Administrators.

What nzlatic realises, along with actual champions such as me, Ex_pat and David Collinge, is that it's not personal in the slightest. The real enemy in Predicting is the Oldham Athletic players and paying public.