Propose a motion for 2016/17

I honesty haven't a clue. I reckon 24hours might have sneaked it anyway. If not, Millwall winning the playoffs should see him home.

I like the season prediction thing.... think it adds something and we should keep it, however having to wait for the play offs to work out the prediction league champ is a bit of nuisance. It would be better for the extra predictions to be calculable on the final day and carry a suitable weight of points. Maybe ask for the 2 automatic and 4 play off teams, instead of the 3 to go up, as well as Latics' final position?

I do however like the idea of those predictors who finish in the play off positions of the championship / any other leagues, using their points scored [home and away - for the home and away legs] against the corresponding teams who finish in their equivalent position in League One. The final is then an aggregation of points scored against both Play Off finalists.

e.g

Prediction League Championship

Position - Player

3 - Player A

4 - Player B

5 - Player C

6 - Player D

League One

3 - Walsall

4 - Millwall

5 - Bradford

6 - Barnsley

Prediction League Play Off S/F 1st Leg

Player A's points scored against Walsall at Home v Players D's points scored against Barnsley Away

and so on....

If by some modern miracle, Latics actually finish in the League One Play-Off positions, the predictor in the equivalent position automatically goes up.

Edited by lookersstandandy

I honesty haven't a clue. I reckon 24hours might have sneaked it anyway. If not, Millwall winning the playoffs should see him home.

I've already :censored:ing sneaked it!

What about points for closest attendance in addition to the other attendance points

10 for a bang-on attendance. 5 for next closest or closest, 4, 3, 2 and 1. Could be a goer.

I like the season prediction thing.... think it adds something and we should keep it, however having to wait for the play offs to work out the league champ is a bit of nuisance. It would be better for the extra predictions to be calculable on the final day and carry a suitable weight of points. Maybe ask for the 2 automatic and 4 play off teams, instead of the 3 to go up, as well as Latics' final position?

I do however like the idea of those predictors who finish in the play off positions of the championship / any other leagues, using their points scored [home and away - for the home and away legs] against the corresponding teams who finish in their equivalent position in League One. The final is then an aggregation of points scored against both Play Off finalists.

e.g

Prediction League Championship

Position - Player

3 - Player A

4 - Player B

5 - Player C

6 - Player D

League One

3 - Walsall

4 - Millwall

5 - Bradford

6 - Barnsley

Prediction League Play Off S/F 1st Leg

Player A's points scored against Walsall at Home v Players D's points scored against Barnsley Away

and so on....

If by some modern miracle, Latics actually finish in the League One Play-Off positions, the predictor in the equivalent position automatically goes up.

Two flaws:

1. it's Heath Robinson when the beauty of predicting is its starkness. Complications turn everyone off.

2. It depends on teams other than Latics, which is just bollocks. As is extending the season beyond when Latics are playing. (If Latics get in the play-offs, I'm all for the extra three games being live prediction games like regular league games.)

IF we get over this bollocks about this season not being over.

Two flaws:

1. it's Heath Robinson when the beauty of predicting is its starkness. Complications turn everyone off.

2. It depends on teams other than Latics, which is just bollocks. As is extending the season beyond when Latics are playing. (If Latics get in the play-offs, I'm all for the extra three games being live prediction games like regular league games.)

1. I don't think having a play offs does complicate it.

2. Fair point.

Either way, there has to be a way of incorporating Play Offs into the system..... it's all about keeping predictors interested in predicting. Look at how many give up under the current system.

Edited by lookersstandandy

I wish you lot would stop trying to over complicate things. It's bad enough as it is with all these suggestions flying about. I'm going for a lie down in a dark room.

C'mon Pete, there's not much wrong with that. If Latics are involved in the play offs, then we predict. If they're not, we used the scores as outlined above. What could be more simpler?

C'mon Pete, there's not much owrong with that. If Latics are involved in the play offs, then we predict. If they're not, we used the scores as outlined above. What could be more simpler?

It's the voices in my head after reading all these posts that cause the problem.

What about points for closest attendance in addition to the other attendance points

That can F right off. Personally the attendance points already skew the standings too much. Especially given their cup ratings on replays.

I do think if you correctly predict a 0 score for us you should get a bonus point. Or be allowed to predict a first goal scorer.

The correct 0-0 score prediction is a bold one that doesn't get the recognition it deserves as you are automatically denying yourself 3 points if it isn't 0-0 by not bring able to predict a first goal scorer.

There is some skill in recognising that a RB is playing RM and taking the FKs and predicting him go be the first goal scorer when no one else does.

I would suggest bonus points for being the sole correct predictor (or prediction scorer for attendances) in a category as that would really sort the adults from the kids, but can appreciate it to be a ball ache for Bristol.

That can F right off. Personally the attendance points already skew the standings too much. Especially given their cup ratings on replays.

I do think if you correctly predict a 0 score for us you should get a bonus point. Or be allowed to predict a first goal scorer.

The correct 0-0 score prediction is a bold one that doesn't get the recognition it deserves as you are automatically denying yourself 3 points if it isn't 0-0 by not bring able to predict a first goal scorer.

There is some skill in recognising that a RB is playing RM and taking the FKs and predicting him go be the first goal scorer when no one else does.

I would suggest bonus points for being the sole correct predictor (or prediction scorer for attendances) in a category as that would really sort the adults from the kids, but can appreciate it to be a ball ache for Bristol.

Sorry doc, but by predicting 0-0 full time you cant then choose a 1st goalscorer, that is a contradiction and would make a mockery of it, by that same thinking you could predict a 1-0 defeat and still nominate a 1st goalscorer. although you are right about the extra points for being closest to the attendance not being brought in. This season has been a proper ding dong at the top so something must be right in the way it works, the only positive addition would be the promotion/relegation as suggested by Lookerstandandy.

I think you should be able to do contradictory predictions. Like HTs that don't match FTs or predicting scorers without predicting scoring goals. Then you can hedge your bets to get some points, or do an internally consistent prediction (with conviction) and get bugger all / more points (maybe there could be extra points for doing a feasible one).

Agree there should be a bonus for getting the closest attendance as well.

Two things Rude: you're a grown-up now and can use the word :censored:.

I think you're right about nils, in that if you predict nil and we score nil you should get 4 points - three for saying that none of our match squad 16 will score and one for correct score.

I stop agreeing when it comes to sequence predicting. I know the rule was introduced specifically to stop me winning but I've come to like it, having overcome the challenge.

Let's talk if you're interested in forming a breakaway league with better rules (in the manner of the rugby football league back in the day).

No first Latics scorer should just count as a prediction and 1st scorer points given if Latics draw a blank.

Personally I feel first scorer points are a little high at 1 more than getting the result right. Although I would say that seeing as I was :censored: at it this season!