2016/17 season

Only 7 weeks to the 1st game of the new season....no manager and more importantly an ever decreasing pool of only 6 players and counting.

I sincerely hope the new gaffer ( whoever it may be ) has a recruitment strategy ready and in place, because he's certainly going to need it.

We usually have a seasonal problem of getting a few new players to gel Into a team but a whole new squad will be a different ball game altogether.

We will need someone with plenty of contacts and experience of League football at this level and If we fail to get Evans in, I'm not sure the alternative of Bunn or Adams will be able to hit the ground running.

This season could turn out to be a major turning point in our recent history or the final nail in the coffin for our club........

It's certainly going to be an eventful few weeks!

Whilst we had some decentish players, we have still struggled. Even if Shez had stayed, i still feel he would have cleared out most of the squad. Whilst it is a concern at this moment, i will give the new manager and players my full support before passing judgement. Players, managers, chairman will always come and go, we the fans are the constant factor in our club and our support is vital. I would rather the club be solvent so i have the option to go to BP rather than having no club and reminiscing about the pinch me years. More than ever, it is time to get behind the club as difficult as that may seem at the moment.

Whilst we had some decentish players, we have still struggled. Even if Shez had stayed, i still feel he would have cleared out most of the squad. Whilst it is a concern at this moment, i will give the new manager and players my full support before passing judgement. Players, managers, chairman will always come and go, we the fans are the constant factor in our club and our support is vital. I would rather the club be solvent so i have the option to go to BP rather than having no club and reminiscing about the pinch me years. More than ever, it is time to get behind the club as difficult as that may seem at the moment.

Apart sensible and spot on post

The problem with some of us though is the belief (rightly or wrongly) that any finance the club gets does not go directly to the running of OAFC, but to Brassbank or whoever. So with that in mind what is the point of spending money on the club if you believe the money isn't going to go to it?? Honestly, I truly think we're doomed with the owners and the way they have set us up now.

Only an utter prat would buy OAFC if they didn't support us.........there's no assets other than he name Oldham Athletic..........

Flawed logic.

I dont expect ever again for us to reach the heights of the pinch me years but I do expect an honest club run with a modicum of financial acumen.

We are currently being well and truly mugged!

Edited by ChaddySmoker

The problem with some of us though is the belief (rightly or wrongly) that any finance the club gets does not go directly to the running of OAFC, but to Brassbank or whoever. So with that in mind what is the point of spending money on the club if you believe the money isn't going to go to it?? Honestly, I truly think we're doomed with the owners and the way they have set us up now.

Only an utter prat would buy OAFC if they didn't support us.........there's no assets other than he name Oldham Athletic..........

Take a look at the last company return. Assets of £1.4 million. Edited by LaticsPete

Always followed our club and will continue to do so until one of us is no more,however I have never felt this low or despondent with the way things are going at present with no news coming directly from the club everything is hearsay and rumour we currently have no manager,half a team and a new season fast approaching.It is time the board put us in the picture as to what is happening to our club

Enough is enough, enough said

And liabilities of??

A hell of a lot more than that

Every one knows that we owe money to brass bank

I was merely correcting the assertion that the club has no assets

Easy to check on the Companies House site for anyone who wants to be accurate

Just waiting for Barry boy to issue statement saying it's the fans fault for taking up the S/T offer that has put us in this financial mess !!!!!!

Have said for a long time that unfortunately the club is run by amateurs on a day to day basis who have neither business skills or PR skills.

A simple statement on current progress of the manager situation would at least go someway to stop all the endless speculation that is going on.

They said they were hoping to have someone in place by Monday so why not at least give us an update of whats going on.

Who is making the decisions to either sell players or resign them !!!!!

Players come and go at all clubs so not over worried on that issue but as appears standard these days is that Latics fans hear it first on social media which then just fuels more speculation.

Come on Latics , it's not that difficult to communicate to the fans via the web site on the current situation and at least make out that we will have a team to support next season.

Ive never felt so strange.....me and my family went for the season ticket offer....but now we are the evil bastards who have helped to put the club in this situation !!

Is this real? I'm a bit tired.

Nobody except TTAssetstrippers should feel this way.