Porter Demands

Guest oa exile

Porter Demands  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Porter Demands

• Pay his demands
    • Sling his hook

Guest oa_exile

Should the club pay his wage demands and lose out on a future possible transfer windfall OR simple just say enough is enough and sling your hook ?

Should the club pay his wage demands and lose out on a future possible transfer windfall OR simple just say enough is enough and sling your hook ?

with the only interest coming from scotland i'd call his bluff and see if he's up for living out of a suitcase for a couple of months in a hotel,can't imagine his wife or other half would be up for that.if he does end up staying though i don't think the fans will have much if not any respect left for him.don't think you can slate the lad for keeping his options open, but they are'nt exactly knocking shezzy's door down are they.ktf.

Guest oa_exile
Theres no future transfer windfall to be had.

If the club pay his wage demands and he stays there is.

Agreed there. This needs to be lesson learned for TTA. Forget about him, let him enjoy the SPL and the odd big match v the Old Firm (assuming, of course, he stays fit for that long) and let's find someone else. He's not bigger than this team, despite what his agent might say.

...he can just sit here for 2 years and move for nothing at the end of the contract picking up the signing on fee...

I'm not sure I agree. If all he does is sit there then no reputable club will be interested in him, so he can forget a juicy signing-on fee. And if he plays well, then clubs will come looking for him earlier and he'd be an idiot not to jump at the first decent offer.

Tough question. No one knows what his demands are so can't really answer it. His demands may not be that high, but at the same time they might be ridiculous. I doubt Motherwell will be paying loads for him.

if the club gives porter what he wants ,there is no guarantee he will deliver the goods and score goals ,i say give him the boot and go to motherwell

Always wanted a 20+ goal a season man - never in a million years thought it would be him. Not sure he can do it again.

Sling your hook.

We've had much better players here and we'll have better in the future. It's gone on far too long. Just glad it all seems to be over now.

When we lost Beckett we fretted. Along came Porter. He was hardly amazing in his first season but did the business for some of the second. Beckett was forgotten. We've plenty of bright prospects waiting to take up his position. Lets look to them now.

Guest oa_exile
Always wanted a 20+ goal a season man - never in a million years thought it would be him. Not sure he can do it again.

For good or bad , right or wrong Hughes is a 20+ a season man.

its his agent pulling the strings not porter.

if we pay him what he wants,and he resigns,then he bags 15 or so goals by christmas the club could cash in then,selling him to a championship side.

there for we get compo.

the club can put whatever demands into his contract,like he only leaves before the end of his contract if he goes to a english club,so if he doesnt and he stays the two years he can go for nothing then,or we sell him for a fee before the deadline is up.

considering he has been telling the directors he wants to stay then does this i would call his bluff and not offer him a penny more.

This is also true. May need a month to get the sharpness back. Think we will need another backup striker - maybe a young lad on loan from Championship/Prem. Or an SPL reject from Motherwell.

Motherwell fans don't think they can match the wages that Dundee Utd pay and the agent is spouting that the wages are no different to league one. Porter is reported as saying he wants to stay at Latics. So if all them statements are true, why would he leave? simple he wouldn't, so someone or something isn't right or being truthful. No surprise there then.

Motherwell fans don't think they can match the wages that Dundee Utd pay and the agent is spouting that the wages are no different to league one. Porter is reported as saying he wants to stay at Latics. So if all them statements are true, why would he leave? simple he wouldn't, so someone or something isn't right or being truthful. No surprise there then.

I think the agent decided back in January when he didn't get what he wanted that he'd have Porter out of the club.

I think, no matter what has been said that both parties were unaware of the Scotland thing. His agent has stumbled across it, we've thought oh no and the agent is now insistent he goes there. This suits his plan to get Porter out and even better we don't benefit financially from it. Yet the agent will get even more than he normally would.

Porter doesn't get a say in it.

I think the agent decided back in January when he didn't get what he wanted that he'd have Porter out of the club.

I think, no matter what has been said that both parties were unaware of the Scotland thing. His agent has stumbled across it, we've thought oh no and the agent is now insistent he goes there. This suits his plan to get Porter out and even better we don't benefit financially from it. Yet the agent will get even more than he normally would.

Porter has every say in it.

It will be him that has to sign the contract not his agent.

In our eyes his agent may have advised him badly, but it is up to the lad himself to put pen to paper.

I don't think he has any other option now though other than to leave BP, be it going to Fir Park or elsewhere.

Too many bridges have been burnt on this one, I think the whole situation has become irrepairable.

KtF,

Derek.

Rubbish..... of course Porter gets a say, its his decision at the end of the day!

The agent only offers advice, ok he may try and swing it in his favour financially but the final decision is Porters. I think with Motherwell not having to pay a fee it has enabled them to offer a big signing on fee and Porters seen the £££ flashing. With his injury record and the fact we have brought in a couple of decent forwards he perhaps thinks that he wont be an automatic choice here next season.

I think he may have doubts about his long term fitness and he's taking the money now and playing safe. I'm also sure that by mid September we'll have forgotten all about Chris Porter!!!!

I don't realistically see how he can stay after all that has gone on over the last few weeks/months, his agent has totally soured both the club and the fans against him.

The club need to put him and this whole sorry episode behind them and move on.

I am more than happy with the signing of Davies and Hughes as next seasons strikers at the club.

I am more than happy with the signing of Davies and Hughes as next seasons strikers at the club.

REALLY!?!

One who's never scored more than 5 in a season and on who's not played football for almost 3 years!?!

If we enter the season with those two up front we're up a creek! Hughes will score, no doubt, but I think it'll be at least Christmas before he's anything like match fit!!

If / when we lose Porter we need another good, goalscoring striker in before the start of the season, even if they're on loan until the new year, but which time (hopefully) Hughes will start to find the net.

If only we bloomin sold him when we had a chance in January. He did nothing for us from then on and we would have got a lorra lorra dosh. Hindsight is a terrible thing. If only we had a Mystic Meg at the club that could foresee Porter and his bumchum agent would turn into :censored:

REALLY!?!

One who's never scored more than 5 in a season and on who's not played football for almost 3 years!?!

Davies is only 21 and hasn't had a full season playing yet (he was on the bench more often than not at Wolves) he will score goals in League 1.

As for Hughes I have absolutely no doubt that when we get him fit and up to speed (which I think will be well before Christmas) he will run riot at this level (he was a top scorer at championship level before his incarceration).

Also if Porter goes we are sure to bring someone else in, target man I would think.

I am still happy long term with Hughes and Davies as the clubs strikers.

Long term maybe... but without Poter or a replacement I think we'll struggle for goals for the early stages of the year.

Hey, whats new??!!!

The first 6 or so games of the season are always us just warming up.... normally without a first choice keeper or any strikers - at least this year we have Crossley!!! and Davies....

last season we had *insert 1 of 6 loan signings" in nets and Warney up front!...

Anyway... we all know our season doesnt start till forest away!

In all seriousness - i'm not gonna add much more to what has been said, other than porter is gone and we will be stronger next season... Shez has already said he is bringing in another striker, so we will have a fully firing strike force from the off... my money is on one of Byfield, Constantine, Thorne, Owusu or Clarke... add one of those to Davies and there is no panic is there???

And for Hughesy - just think he may suprise some people and be firing from the start - from all sounds of things he has been in an open prison, where all he has had to do is kep fit - I know not match fit, but sure he will be rareing to go..

Is his first match back again forrest by any chance... :wink:

We will be stronger than ever next season... bye bye baby Chris....