• Play Offs
    • Top Half
    • Bottom half & safe
    • Relegated
  2. 2. Will Steve Robinson still be manager in May

• Yes
    • No

On 30/04/2017 at 2:18 PM, josh_latics said:

A mixed bag, here... my #CW10 prophecy didn't come to fruition (yet).

Seems there was lots of support for Coventry and Charlton back in July. 

Also the view that Mckay would bag loads (lol) and that Reckord was actually competent. 

And quite a few tipped Fleetwood for the drop.
Although we were collectivelly correct on the polls.

Edited by singe

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My predictions (from the post on the 1st page) were:

"Top Six

Charlton - Russell Slade as manager and Novak and Ajose as a front two? They're a mess of a club at boardroom level but the three above things should get them top 6 alone.

MK Dons - a settled club with players who, despite not being good enough for the Championship, will do well at this level (sadly).

Sheffield Utd - they've made some shrewd signings, not least their manager who has steadily turned every club he's managed into promotion teams. The big question is whether steady progress will be enough for them.

Millwall - I can see them building on last season and being a really difficult team to beat.

Scunthorpe - finished last season very well, they still have financial backing to do well this year with not much turnover of players.

Bolton - a mess at the moment but they'll probably get their act together enough to make the playoffs.

Bottom Four

Bury - The Clarkes will be very difficult to replace and they seem to be a ticking time bomb financially.

Port Vale - the wildcard of the league with their transfer policy, I think it's more likely to fail than to succeed.

Walsall - they've lost so many of their best players that rebuilding is going to be difficult so I think they'll struggle.

Us - I like SR and I think the players he and the rest of his staff have brought in will avoid an embarrassing season, but I predict a slow start that will be difficult to recover from and I'm not convinced that we'll have the quality to get us out of trouble.

OAFC Position

21st

OAFC Top Scorer

Billy Mckay

OAFC Player of the Season

Peter Clarke

OAFC Young Player of the Season

George Edmundson

League One Top Scorer

Nicky Ajose

Other Predictions

One of the playoff teams from last year will struggle (happens almost every year).

Ched Evans will wind up an opposition crowd to breaking point with a goal celebration (probably Millwall).

The first manager sacked in League One will be in August.

The North Stand won't be finished by the end of the season."

So I did pretty well with the Top 6 getting 4, not so well with the bottom 4 only getting Port Vale correct and more misses than hits with the rest of the predictions (Billy Mckay was not a smart choice).  I think my prediction of 21st would've been accurate if Shez didn't come back.