• Runners Up
    • Play Offs
    • Top Half
    • Bottom half & safe
    • Relegated
  2. 2. Will Steve Robinson still be manager in May

• Yes
    • No

Oxford won't be anywhere near the bottom.

Agreed, they lost Roofe and O'Dowda but they had a deep squad last year anyway which will comfortably be OK at this level.

Also the small matter of the £4.6 million they received from said transfers. They'll reinvest before September.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The chances of 'this weeks manager' staying for a season has to be slim. Klop at Liverpool is the 44th (aboutish) longest serving manager and he has not been there a year yet.

Don't get me wrong I hope he is, and I hope we finish the season comfortably above relegation but we will require luck and a few more players to make it happen

This might surprise a couple of you but I actually think we will be competitive, with the obvious budget restrictions we have recruited very well so far and with 3 or 4 more to come in we could well surprise a few, don't get me wrong we have shown little in pre season but we have a manager who can identify weaknesses in the team and he seems to be doing something about it. We need a striker to hit the ground running and a little luck with injuries especially to key men but I honestly think we may be in for a better season than normal.

I think it'll be :censored: overall. 3rd Round of the FA Cup and a decent away day will be a a success. Pretty underwhelmed with the signings but hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised. I think the manager seems OK but the signings suggest the budget isn't.

The chances of 'this weeks manager' staying for a season has to be slim. Klop at Liverpool is the 44th (aboutish) longest serving manager and he has not been there a year yet.

Don't get me wrong I hope he is, and I hope we finish the season comfortably above relegation but we will require luck and a few more players to make it happen

Robinsons already in the Chron talking of his time 'after' Oldham.

Quote; "We need to look to the longer-term as well and he (Fane) fits that bracket," said Robinson. "When I come to leave the club I want it to be in a stronger position moving forward."

If I remember rightly that was basically the same statement made by Lee Johnson shortly after joining the club and we all know how that ended!

I know he'll be ambitious and that this job is a stepping stone for him but he could have left it longer than a month! What we need at this club is some continuity, something we haven't had for a while. I hope this guy is the real deal but if he is and we're up there at the turn of the year, if a struggling Championship club were to come calling I reckon he'd be off like a shot!!!

Quote; "We need to look to the longer-term as well and he (Fane) fits that bracket," said Robinson. "When I come to leave the club I want it to be in a stronger position moving forward."

If I remember rightly that was basically the same statement made by Lee Johnson shortly after joining the club and we all know how that ended!

I know he'll be ambitious and that this job is a stepping stone for him but he could have left it longer than a month! What we need at this club is some continuity, something we haven't had for a while. I hope this guy is the real deal but if he is and we're up there at the turn of the year, if a struggling Championship club were to come calling I reckon he'd be off like a shot!!!

Words are meaningless. Sheridan was talking of promotion and his love for the club/fans right up until the point he :censored:ed off for more money.

We just have to hope that the long term appointments are O'Driscoll and Turnbull to some extent, so when one manager leaves the impact is lessened and the blueprint is there, rather than a brand new start each time.

Things that will happen:

Sheffield United will be weird with Wilder. Can see it going relatively tits up.

Oxford will be good - pick of the promoted sides. So will Scunthorpe.

No team will be cut adrift like Crewe and Colchester were, except perhaps us. Wimbledon will do some kind of final game great escape.

We will struggle without some kind of Burton type team effort with the squad we have, and this could be the season...

The one team I can't make heads or tails of is Walsall.

Charlton have the quality to do well despite problems and Bolton have a steady manager to get them top half. Usual suspects will be around the play-offs.

MK will sadly do well again, but if they don't Robinson will leave for the Sheffield United job by the end of the season.

Give it a rest will you

Do we seem capable of scoring a goal in open play, this midfield is seriously lacking and it can't all be down to not gelling yet, it's one thing having a bit of size but you have to mix that up with energy and ability. If we had kept Dieng and Kelly players like Flynn would have been good additions but as it stands we look very very poor outfit especially in the centre of the park, I hope there are three or four big signings lined up because this could start to get embarrassing very quickly for us this season.

Do we seem capable of scoring a goal in open play, this midfield is seriously lacking and it can't all be down to not gelling yet, it's one thing having a bit of size but you have to mix that up with energy and ability. If we had kept Dieng and Kelly players like Flynn would have been good additions but as it stands we look very very poor outfit especially in the centre of the park, I hope there are three or four big signings lined up because this could start to get embarrassing very quickly for us this season.

Agree with most of this, although I think it will be very embarrassing at the beginning of the season (unless we effectively park the bus) but get better as it goes on. A bit like the season with Ritchie in charge where it took us 6 games to score then we went on to finish mid table. Clarke, Green, Wilson and any other experienced players we bring in will be vital to guiding the rest of the young lads through it.

Tim Desailly and King Kelly have moved on pal, get over it.