• Relegated
  2. 2. Will Steve Robinson still be manager in May

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, but to be fair that was Shez's strategy too and it worked.

We looked much more of an attacking threat under Sheridan, to be fair. I've not got any statistics, but I'd be fairly sure we created more chances on average in his tenure, than that of Dunn and Kelly.

Happy to be proven wrong though...

I really want the manager to succed with us. However if we are not going to address the full back positions get a creative midfielder in and a striker who knows where the onion bag is it's going to be a struggle.

We should take nothing from pre season results they really are irrelevant. For me the squad and manager get a free pass for the first month of the season at least due to being a totally new team but they are all professionals and come mid September id expect to be able to judge what the season has in store for us.

Hope: for promotion.

If weak positions are sorted of expect:14-18th

If not: 22nd

I really want the manager to succed with us. However if we are not going to address the full back positions get a creative midfielder in and a striker who knows where the onion bag is it's going to be a struggle.

We should take nothing from pre season results they really are irrelevant. For me the squad and manager get a free pass for the first month of the season at least due to being a totally new team but they are all professionals and come mid September id expect to be able to judge what the season has in store for us.

Hope: for promotion.

If weak positions are sorted of expect:14-18th

If not: 22nd

So you're taking nothing from the preseason results apart from all the points in your 2nd sentence?

We looked much more of an attacking threat under Sheridan, to be fair. I've not got any statistics, but I'd be fairly sure we created more chances on average in his tenure, than that of Dunn and Kelly.

Happy to be proven wrong though...

I think the difference was in execution of the tactic rather than the intention. Dunn and Shez both tried to make us hard to beat first then develop the attack second. Dunn did the first bit but failed badly with the second, so we fell apart at both ends. Shez succeeded (with assistance from Shirtliff and Gerrard) in building a very solid defence and then added an effective attacking strategy to it.

So you're taking nothing from the preseason results apart from all the points in your 2nd sentence?

I know it might be difficult for you to understand but the thread is titled 2016/17 season predictions and its my prediction that if those positions are not sorted we will struggle. Looking at the squad that's where I feel we are at our weakest. You'll have to point out where I have related that to pre season results because I must of missed it?

I know it might be difficult for you to understand but the thread is titled 2016/17 season predictions and its my prediction that if those positions are not sorted we will struggle. Looking at the squad that's where I feel we are at our weakest. You'll have to point out where I have related that to pre season results because I must of missed it?

Tell me how you've reached the conclusion that those are our weakest areas without going off anything apart from preseason

Ripley should be better than recent keepers

Kettings has looked better back up than his record suggested he would be in friendlies.

Law & Reckord look steady at worst & one or both could actually be quite good.

Law will score or create a few with his free kicks.

Clarke will be quality and misses fewer games than most his age.

Burgess should be good.

Edmundson will be pushing for a place at CB or RB.

Wilson will do a job when called on.

I've seen worse prospects than Stott.

Mantack looks more likely to get some game time than recent youth products.

Gerrard will probably come crawling back again at some point.

Green, Banks & Flynn are all experienced and should perform well over the course of a season meaning we just need one or more of Croft, Klok, Fane, Winchester or Woodland to come good and we'll be decent in midfield.

Mckay should score at least 10 to 12 and could well score more.

Erwin is experienced and big and the ball should stick with him. He's scored a few previously in his career so no reason he won't for us.

Osei looks like he could be a real find.

Cassidy - miracles can happen :lol:

Plus we'll still sign more players over the course of the season.

Plus we have our biggest & most experienced coaching team in years.

I don't see us going down at all...

Edited by HarryBosch

Ripley should be better than recent keepers

Kettings has looked better back up than his record suggested he would be in friendlies.

Law & Reckord look steady at worst & one or both could actually be quite good.

Law will score or create a few with his free kicks.

Clarke will be quality and misses fewer games than most his age.

Burgess should be good.

Edmundson will be pushing for a place at CB or RB.

Wilson will do a job when called on.

I've seen worse prospects than Stott.

Mantack looks more likely to get some game time than recent youth products.

Gerrard will probably come crawling back again at some point.

Green, Banks & Flynn are all experienced and should perform well over the course of a season meaning we just need one or more of Croft, Klok, Fane, Winchester or Woodland to come good and we'll be decent in midfield.

Mckay should score at least 10 to 12 and could well score more.

Erwin is experienced and big and the ball should stick with him. He's scored a few previously in his career so no reason he won't for us.

Osei looks like he could be a real find.

Cassidy - miracles can happen :lol:

Plus we'll still sign more players over the course of the season.

Plus we have our biggest & most experienced coaching team in years.

I don't see us going down at all...

Mods - can you delete this post please? Far too optimistic. Thanks.

Four Four Two have got us down to finish bottom of the pile...

They put the key man for Coventry as a player who left a month ago for Bradford, which suggests it was written when we had about 7 senior pros.

An embarrassment of a magazine.

For those of you passionately debating what you predict will happen this season...... why not try your hand at the Prediction League? A tenner in, a chance to win some cash, with a contribution going to Playershare and Dr Kershaw's hospice.

Go on, you know you wanna: http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/48815-the-owtb-prediction-league-201617/