Coventry (a) Team

Ten Things that SR has surely learned from the opening games:

1. He can only play two of the four strikers

2. Flynn should start on the bench this Saturday

3. Croft should start this Saturday

4. Fane is important to our midfield

5. We need to play with a wide player who has pace and can cross the ball - is this player Jahraldo Martin?

6. We still need a central midfielder from the Wellens/Sheridan mould - any free agents out there?

7. Playing the long ball tactic should be an occasional option

8. Ripley is a top goalkeeper

9. Dummigan should start this Saturday

10. Keep working on the free kick routines - they are good to watch

Still a long way to go.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what I've realised.

Ripley is class, Kettings makes the defenders and the fans nervous.

Burgess is slow but his height is an advantage. I would still be happy for Edmundson to take his place if he goes back after 6months.

Dunne doesn't lose a single header but has shown this annoying habit of trying to cross a ball with his right foot when he doesn't have one.

Law is slow but does well with the ball at his feet and any right back who has scored 2goals already is worthy of his place. Given SR sees Dummigan as a RB, there's an argument for Law to play RW in a midfield four as we know Dummigan will definitely overlap.

Clarke is the man.

Fane and Green have to play together. Fane has so much to learn but so much potential.

We don't have any width although McLaughlin tries, makes clever runs off the ball (but doesn't get found) and gives the impression he could be a player once he has a regular run of 90minutes. Flynn is an identikit of Winchester but 'tries' to run forwards whereas Winch goes sideways. Banks is a softarse for his size but does have good technique and can pass forwards. For me he should be in alongside Fane and Green if we go 4-3-3 / 4-5-1. I would say Croft instead but I doubt he could play many consecutive 90mins.

Erwin is very skilful for a big man and will score goals. He, Ladapo and Osei up top would work. McKay doesn't work in this team because he is slow with no physical presence, he is a fox in the box and we don't get enough crosses into the box for him.

If you are going to paraphrase then get it right - I think the words earlier in this thread were:

"Maybe he is :censored:e in the air but he makes up for it with his feet."

I despair...

No, you're wrong.

I can't be arsed to go back and find it, but somebody defo said 'you would pick Erwin after that [negative word I can't remember] performance, did he even win a header all game?'

So ner.

No, you're wrong.

I can't be arsed to go back and find it, but somebody defo said 'you would pick Erwin after that [negative word I can't remember] performance, did he even win a header all game?'

So ner.

Found the one you were paraphrasing...

"You would honestly play Erwin after that insipid performance yesterday? Did he win a header at all?"

Didn't say he was :censored:... Did suggest he didn't win a header. But I'll give you that one...

What's this :censored: about having to buy a ticket in advance at a club whose away end holds about 6000?

Why do they keep peddling out these blatant lies as though they're truths. Stinks of Bury.

Let's hope it's not the case come Saturday as I and a mate will be turning up on the day. If needs be we will go in with the home fans.

Apparently Coventry won't let us pay on the day...nothing to do with Latics. Just ring up now, order your ticket and collect from the ticket office, next to the Jimmy Hill stand.

Just ordered mine. Its next to the Jimmy Hill Statue not Stand

Edited by NIKI1234