Coventry (a) Team

Guest nonaenever

yep got on and developed the stadium nothing grand but functional stands with a good view and catering etc unlike us who spent countless thousands on consultants and designers etc suspect that the moneys invested in there rebuilding are largley repaid or are being repaid at a substancialy lower rate than what we are being offered now allowing more of there income to be spant on wages etc

yes - basically what I was trying to say to opinions4u - thanks for putting it better than I did - but this is spot on.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did we play today?

We were better than them. Clarke (obviously), Dunne and Banks our top performers.

Inability to get a simple shot on target shameful from both teams.

Don't think a point at Coventry is the worst result in the world..

You could be asked to prove that or risk being called a guesser

It's a pretty reasonable guess though.

Remember the original point was a response to the statement "I want the club to survive - it will not do so on average home crowds of 3,598". This is patently nonsense. Football clubs survive and occasionally thrive on such gates, many of them carrying debt. There are numerous clubs in League One and League Two getting smaller gates than us. Such a sweeping statement is incorrect.

How did we play today?

5-3-2 first half was rubbish. Freddie had a chance that tested the keeper but nobody followed up the rebound.

4-4-2 second half effective and probably deserved to sneak it. Their keeper made a couple of smart saves, we rattled the woodwork and dominated possession.

Clarke, Croft and Erwin the performers for me. Dunne good going forwards. Flynn ineffective when he came off the bench.

It's a pretty reasonable guess though.

Remember the original point was a response to the statement "I want the club to survive - it will not do so on average home crowds of 3,598". This is patently nonsense. Football clubs survive and occasionally thrive on such gates, many of them carrying debt. There are numerous clubs in League One and League Two getting smaller gates than us. Such a sweeping statement is incorrect.

My apologies O4U I wasnt getting at you. Of course it will.

I was getting at posts on here which contain facts or reasonable assumptions.

They tend to bring lazy ignorant replies. And bet offers from halfwits. Again, my apologies.

Edited by ChaddySmoker

How did we play today?

According to Coventry fans we were poor in the first half, but dominated the second.

We were better than them. Clarke (obviously), Dunne and Banks our top performers.

Inability to get a simple shot on target shameful from both teams.

Don't think a point at Coventry is the worst result in the world..

5-3-2 first half was rubbish. Freddie had a chance that tested the keeper but nobody followed up the rebound.

4-4-2 second half effective and probably deserved to sneak it. Their keeper made a couple of smart saves, we rattled the woodwork and dominated possession.

Clarke, Croft and Erwin the performers for me. Dunne good going forwards. Flynn ineffective when he came off the bench.

There were two poor teams out there yesterday. So many players (from both sides) seemed to lack technical skills and game awareness. Turgid first 45 minutes but an improved second.

Banks had a decent game and Erwin worked hard. Our defence only really came under any pressure towards the end of the game. Dunne was prominent throughout but gives the ball away too easily. Also we saw that bringing everyone back at corners only adds to the pressure and in my opinion is still a debatable tactic. We had nineteen attempts on goal of which six were on target. However the vast majority (Ladapo's first half effort and Erwin's crossbar strike apart) were poorly struck.

Disappointing outcome as this was a game we should have won. Nice ground with good views all round. Great effort from the kids at half time too.

In isolation a point like yesterday's is a decent result, but the more we draw rather than win the more people will compare this season to last, which will increase the pressure on Robinson.

I'm happy with the way he's started as I was very concerned at the start of the season that we would be cut adrift at the bottom. He's made us competitive in every game with the exception of Millwall and I think there is more to come. But sooner or later we're going to have to show that we possess a potent attacking threat or else we're going to keep increasing the pressure on our defence and fans, especially regulars for home games, will get restless.

There's no pressure on Robinson he is doing a grand job with the players at his disposal, under the circumstances he couldn't do much more, whether we're good enough to turn these 0-0 into wins is another matter and the longer it goes on the more difficult it's going to be to get out of the rut.

There's no pressure on Robinson he is doing a grand job with the players at his disposal, under the circumstances he couldn't do much more, whether we're good enough to turn these 0-0 into wins is another matter and the longer it goes on the more difficult it's going to be to get out of the rut.

Gets us scoring and he's cracked it - nothing wrong with any other part of our play. We've got some decent players and their commitment is unquestionable. The results might not quite be coming, but we're a million times better than anything Dunn/Kelly served up.

Gets us scoring and he's cracked it - nothing wrong with any other part of our play. We've got some decent players and their commitment is unquestionable. The results might not quite be coming, but we're a million times better than anything Dunn/Kelly served up.

Never has an OWTB poster been more correct.

Or how about in a thread named Coventry (a) we discuss Coventry (a)?

A novel idea I know as we currently don't have enough threads dedicated to the stand, finances, owner etc.

If the football was interesting people would talk more about it.

It isnt so therefore they dont. Most posts by far on this thread havent mentioned owners/finance/the stand.

Rochdale were brought into the discussion. They are a well run financially sound business.

If the football was interesting people would talk more about it.

It isnt so therefore they dont. Most posts by far on this thread havent mentioned owners/finance/the stand.

Rochdale were brought into the discussion. They are a well run financially sound business.

I couldn't give an flying :censored: about Rochdale or their finances!

5-3-2 just didn't work in the first half; it simply handed the midfield to Coventry. Thing was, although they passed it around a fair bit, they ran out of ideas in the final third.

Bringing Crofty on for Law and going 4-4-2 made a world of difference. If anyone was going to win it in the second half, it was us. One that rattled the crossbar and at least two brilliant saves from their keeper were what stood between us and the three points.

I can't recall Ripley having to make a serious save and the defence threw bodies in the way of anything that may have been dangerous. And Coventry only looked really dangerous in the 8 minutes of stoppage time.

Once one of those goes in, and the effort from Ladapo in the first couple of minutes could have done, we'll be reet. Just need that second half performance for 90 minutes, but 5-3-2 isn't the way to achieve it IMO.