Survey results

Outside investment isn't the be all and end all - they could simply run the club/business better and generate more revenue to invest....

Like Sean Jarvis and Co. at Huddersfield (massively helped by a great coup of a manager) but they are a perfect example of fan engagement and how to get fans on board/on the terraces. Sean Jarvis was also brilliant at our place with that.

Catch 22 situation. Investment required to improve the on field product. Smaller crowds so less funds. Chairman who runs the club on an even footing (and i cannot blame him.) and no invester on the horizon. We are into the depressing law of diminishing returns.

Outcome League 2

Doesn't run the club on an even footing tho, he takes money out of the club and gives it to his mates.

:chubb: Message to the Club:

Well done Latics for at least asking the Supporters what we think :applause1:

You're not going to win over 'the serial sceptics' whatever you do and for me no real surprises in the survey results but you've done absolutely the right thing in trying to engage with us and confirming our concerns / views.

Over 1,000 responses clearly demonstrates a lot of 'stay away' fans are still 'emotionally attached' to OAFC (or we have a c30% of our Home crowd support responding to the survey, which just doesn't happen)

However, now you've asked what we think, you really do need to action some plans to try and address our concerns or you risk further alienating our Fans / Supporters

:chubb: Message to the Club:

Well done Latics for at least asking the Supporters what we think :applause1:

You're not going to win over 'the serial sceptics' whatever you do and for me no real surprises in the survey results but you've done absolutely the right thing in trying to engage with us and confirming our concerns / views.

Over 1,000 responses clearly demonstrates a lot of 'stay away' fans are still 'emotionally attached' to OAFC (or we have a c30% of our Home crowd support responding to the survey, which just doesn't happen)

However, now you've asked what we think, you really do need to action some plans to try and address our concerns or you risk further alienating our Fans / Supporters

Completely agree.

Apologies for the accidental downboat.

Like Sean Jarvis and Co. at Huddersfield (massively helped by a great coup of a manager) but they are a perfect example of fan engagement and how to get fans on board/on the terraces. Sean Jarvis was also brilliant at our place with that.

I liked Sean a lot, but their success is the perfect example of spending to achieve. Sean has been there for about 10 years hasn't he. Their success correlates a lot to a Chairman spending as much as Sean Jarvis. Also they did a season ticket promotion this season, but obviously funded and more a reward than getting funds in.

You're sticking with that as fact are you? There's a word to describe that sentence. Starts with an L. Have a guess

Yep. If I book my xmas do thru Latics and have it at Latics ground and send out all the invites telling people to turn up at Latics and everybody turns up at Latics and spends money at Latics, then Latics get £0 and Corneys mates take all the money.

Sorry you can't comprehend that, don't have to be snotty with me about it.

Yep. If I book my xmas do thru Latics and have it at Latics ground and send out all the invites telling people to turn up at Latics and everybody turns up at Latics and spends money at Latics, then Latics get £0 and Corneys mates take all the money.

Or it gets cancelled and nobody gets any money

If they (the OEC) don't make any money they can't then pay any rent due to Latics.

If they (the OEC) don't make any money they can't then pay any rent due to Latics.

The Accounts for OEC Ltd are due to be at Companies House in December.

As is usual there will be no figure for Income, no figure for Wages etc and therefore no figures for Rent Paid (or Rent received!)

I remain sceptical about any rent payment.

The Accounts for OEC Ltd are due to be at Companies House in December.

As is usual there will be no figure for Income, no figure for Wages etc and therefore no figures for Rent Paid (or Rent received!)

I remain sceptical about any rent payment.

It would be good to know for sure.

I'd be intrigued as to what goodwill etc is paid in lieu of rent if there is no rental payment.