League goals

Couldn't do any worse by throwing someone like Glackin (spelling?) up front. Bags for fun in youth team.

I'd be open to this.

Would Osei or Glackin do any worse?

It may be time to take them out of the firing line. It's getting embarrassing and it must be entrenching their poor form.

I'd be open to this.

Would Osei or Glackin do any worse?

It may be time to take them out of the firing line. It's getting embarrassing and it must be entrenching their poor form.

I don't think they are ready yet.

SRs only hope is the January transfer window.

I just hope that the manager has 2 strikers as a massive priority in the January window, but with the Chron talking about a holding midfielder and a centre half as potential targets then I fear he doesn't.

The 'goals against' column isn't too bad, so there's not much point in bolstering areas of the team that are working quite well when we have an absolutely woeful strike force!

Save the money that we would waste on useless squad players and put it towards decent strikers, without goals we are simply not going to win enough games and relegation will be the end result. Simple!

Desperate times requires desperate measures. You need someone who can convert chances, a fox in the box, a goalhanger and someone who doesnt need pace.

The likes of Jamie Cureton springs to mind - he's older than Moses granted and now in non-league but he still demonstrates that ability to be in the right place at the right time and can convert chances. He's a poacher and would be cheap, very cheap. A gamble of desperation but he'd score more than our other strikers - then again my great, great, great grandad would score more and you know the punchline on that one...

Guest nonaenever

Wimbledon have scored more goals this week against Bury than we have managed in 18 league games.

Brilliant quote - and a shocker for us.

Add in that Poleon has scored 9 times for them this season - and it's almost enough to make a grown man cry!

Guest nonaenever

Just seen another statistic someone tweeted after the game yesterday (I`ve not verified it)

2016/17 season - Oldham have failed to score in 12 league games (i.e. so far this season)

2015/16 season - Oldham failed to score in 12 league games (i.e. all season)

Bearing in mind where we finished up last season - on that basis, if the tweet is correct, we are relegation certainties unless we find goals from somewhere. Have we really deteriorated as badly as that??!

As for Glackin he's not good enough to play at that level but if we're going to persist with playing two strikers I'd rather it was him than McKay or Ladapo, at least we may benefit in the future for him having the experience.

I've been banging the drum for Glackin for a while, but I asked someone who works with him quite closely and has watched him for a few years about him and he reckoned he'd probably get found out at senior level...

I've been banging the drum for Glackin for a while, but I asked someone who works with him quite closely and has watched him for a few years about him and he reckoned he'd probably get found out at senior level...

Would probably look lost, don't think he'd miss an open goal though.