Thank you Mr Corney

You through your actions in continuousley dumming down our club both on and off the field have tottaly killed my love of the game no more do i eagerly await for the football leaguw show to see our goals no longer do i get up early to watch the match of the day re runs and couldnt tell you any of Englands next fixtures let alone go out of my way to watch them .43 years of watching live football and you have suceeded in killing it stone dead . to parafrase a certain mr shankley "if the latics were playing in my back garden i would shut the curtains " apathy wins

You through your actions in continuousley dumming down our club both on and off the field have tottaly killed my love of the game no more do i eagerly await for the football leaguw show to see our goals no longer do i get up early to watch the match of the day re runs and couldnt tell you any of Englands next fixtures let alone go out of my way to watch them .43 years of watching live football and you have suceeded in killing it stone dead . to parafrase a certain mr shankley "if the latics were playing in my back garden i would shut the curtains " apathy wins

Who gives a monkeys that apathy wins?

Did this really need another post? Or could it have been bundled in with one of the many other attention seeking posts?

Yeah Corney Jeez.

Guest nonaenever

This is the problem - I honestly think too many are focussing on something we can't really influence i.e. the Chairman. He's told the world he wants to sell and is doing his best in a very difficult position. Yes, he's made mistakes (I believe he's human like the rest of us) but he doesn't manage the team or play the games. Unless the fans unite and focus on what we can actually influence to improve our fortunes, we are truly knackered. Look what's happening at Blackpool and Coventry - we do not want to go down that road, it would be disastrous.

Simon Corney will go eventually - please can we just focus our energy on what we can truly influence for now?

Guest nonaenever

There is a market price for everything. When you can't sell it is because you are asking for more than it is worth

I agree - but it's not something we can really influence I don't think - unless anyone can act as a broker in the dealings and thrash out a deal - someone with the right experience and connections - and crucially the time and probably willing to broker it for nothing personally. If there is someone out there - great - if not, surely we are best focussing on what we can change - our club is in dire straits - far worse than last season without a shadow of a doubt.

Peanuts is probably where 80% of us are though. This message board is for Oldham fans to talk about things related to Oldham Athletic. If the likes of Peanuts can't vent to fellow fans where else does he / she do it?

Why does it annoy so many of you that Oldham fans are so frustrated about the current climate that they feel they need to articulate their frustrations on an Oldham Athletic message board?

If you don't like it, don't go back on the message trail. You don't need to slag the person off........

Peanuts is probably where 80% of us are though. This message board is for Oldham fans to talk about things related to Oldham Athletic. If the likes of Peanuts can't vent to fellow fans where else does he / she do it?

Why does it annoy so many of you that Oldham fans are so frustrated about the current climate that they feel they need to articulate their frustrations on an Oldham Athletic message board?

If you don't like it, don't go back on the message trail. You don't need to slag the person off........

In fairness we don't need a million threads full of people saying the same thing..........

In fairness we don't need a million threads full of people saying the same thing..........

Maybe we do. In Simons last video nasty he made it out like most are happy with him. He's either deluded, full of :censored: or it does need a million threads full of people saying they're sick of him for the message to get through. Then he can invite them to his office in his next video ?

To be fair, I don't think that is Corney's fault (apart from the Oldham specific points). Football as a whole has been sanitised and packaged into a squeeky clean no edges powerpoint presentation, the FA, the PL, FIFA and the rest of them carry the true blame. Corney has just overseen the decline of our own club.

To be fair, I don't think that is Corney's fault (apart from the Oldham specific points). Football as a whole has been sanitised and packaged into a squeeky clean no edges powerpoint presentation, the FA, the PL, FIFA and the rest of them carry the true blame. Corney has just overseen the decline of our own club.

That's spot on. No tacking allowed, making it into a no contact sport. Cheating players who are expected to do anything to get a penalty, free kick or get another player sent off. All teams playing, or trying to play the same football, from non league to international. One or two touch football, pressing, and don't whatever you do run with the ball at a packed defence. Try and keep possession of the ball by passing it backwards and sideways.

That's spot on. No tacking allowed, making it into a no contact sport. Cheating players who are expected to do anything to get a penalty, free kick or get another player sent off. All teams playing, or trying to play the same football, from non league to international. One or two touch football, pressing, and don't whatever you do run with the ball at a packed defence. Try and keep possession of the ball by passing it backwards and sideways.

Quite right, I really dont get why the more talented players dont run at defences more often, defenders :censored: themselves and just back pedal, every chance of winning a free kick in a dangerous area or heaven forbid perhaps score a goal.

I'm off to watch apathy if they win. Where do they play?

Yeah you are right.... Its hardly like the game gets sold for billions in TV rights.... In total decline the sport is... Corney is such a victim... Poor guy...