Clubs all time leading scorers

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10677715/your-clubs-record-scorer-ranked

Sky have ranked the clubs all time leading scores. Roger Palmers in at 62 which I don't think is bad for someone who wasn't always played as striker and the last few seasons was more a super sub. Plus a lot of the guys were penalty/freekick takers.

Oh for a Roger Palmer now

Bear in mind until Bosman players could effectively be forced to stay at their clubs even if they wanted to move so they had no real freedom of movement. Now that's changed a consistent goalscorer is unlikely to stay at one club for as long as used to be common.

This is true - the only clubs with a chance of it are ones who nobody can outbid. Rooney, Messi, Ronaldo. It is a shame. The only way you'd do it is to have someone exactly average for a long while

I believed Danny Philliskirk was that man. Had 25 goals, albeit 8 were in the JPT.

Not even scored a goal for Blackpool in League 2 this season.

I believed Danny Philliskirk was that man. Had 25 goals, albeit 8 were in the JPT.

Not even scored a goal for Blackpool in League 2 this season.

Possibly true.

Bad injury in first game of season so out for a while, playing all over the place since then,even full back!!

Because he moved from Middlesbrough to Sunderland Brian Clough never made that list but whenever goal scoring records are mentioned he needs to be compared.

251 goal from 274 starts - The best scoring percentage in English football I think. Retired through injury at 27 ( came back for 3 games at the age of 29 but had to give it away ) How many would he have scored if he could have played for another 7 or so years?

I reckon he could have even scored a few for Oldham ..... maybe :smoking: