Midfield

Shez is correct about bringing in left footers. The crossing, especially from that side, was atrocious. Even worse when you consider the presence we had up front in Ngoo.

We carved some decent positions out on the wings with good work from Flynn but they were wasted. McLaughlin was desperately poor, and has been every time I've seen him. Could probably do with a winger too, to be honest.

The midfield four were, with the exception of Flynn's first half, awful.

I was excited to see McLaughlin back on the left. Didn't deliver.

Flynn's second half was poor.

Fane compromised himself with an early booking.

Law was invisible.

The other player I'd pick out as poor was Dummywummygan (can never recall how to spell it). That all culminated in an injury which might well end his season.

The rest were OK,with the exception of failing to defend that corner.

Did Flynn play central?

Did Flynn play central?

On the left. o4u must've made a slip. McLaughlin played on the right.

The difference in quality between the two was clear for all to see. We made their left back look Premier League standard while most of our threat was down Flynn's wing.

Edited by NewBlue

NNN I presume your reference to the staunch defence of Robinson is aimed at me but let's get one thing straight I felt he should of been given more time because our problems stem from something that's bigger than any manager.

I pointed out on numerous occasions that he was badly let down by a number of senior pro's who many where happy with when they signed two or three of them he stuck with who play in the middle of the park, in the time he had he got plenty wrong and he openly admitted that and wanted an opportunity to change it but was starved of both support and time, it's never mentioned on here that he brought in Ripley and Clarke two of the best players we've seen in the last decade and as for the players being better coached now Robbo's gone Barraclough is still here working with the same midfield getting the same :censored: results so once the Sheridan wankfest has finished were pretty much left in the same position.

I appreciate we are only 10 days in but clubs around us have done most of there business and are taking points off us, we've brought in three players who've played :censored: all football in positions we could of managed in whilst we get bullied and outplayed in the middle of the park week in, week out.

Sheridan has carried on where we left off with SR, nothings changed and in the grand scheme of things the new signings will have minimal impact.

NNN I presume your reference to the staunch defence of Robinson is aimed at me but let's get one thing straight I felt he should of been given more time because our problems stem from something that's bigger than any manager.

I pointed out on numerous occasions that he was badly let down by a number of senior pro's who many where happy with when they signed two or three of them he stuck with who play in the middle of the park, in the time he had he got plenty wrong and he openly admitted that and wanted an opportunity to change it but was starved of both support and time, it's never mentioned on here that he brought in Ripley and Clarke two of the best players we've seen in the last decade and as for the players being better coached now Robbo's gone Barraclough is still here working with the same midfield getting the same :censored: results so once the Sheridan wankfest has finished were pretty much left in the same position.

I appreciate we are only 10 days in but clubs around us have done most of there business and are taking points off us, we've brought in three players who've played :censored: all football in positions we could of managed in whilst we get bullied and outplayed in the middle of the park week in, week out.

Sheridan has carried on where we left off with SR, nothings changed and in the grand scheme of things the new signings will have minimal impact.

Got to agree with this.

If we are pinning our hopes on a 6' 7" striker who manages to be shorter when he jumps than when he stands up then God help us. Others on here raving about one stumbling run down the left wing-that's how low we have fallen when it was the highlight of the game for us.

The difference in quality between the two was clear for all to see. We made their left back look Premier League standard while most of our threat was down Flynn's wing.

Yes, typo. My mind was on sorting out flights and accommodation from Brisbane to Great Barrier Reef. I wish there were more days between tests!

Guest nonaenever

NNN I presume your reference to the staunch defence of Robinson is aimed at me......

Morning - it wasn't actually yarddog - I`d just got back from Shrewsbury and spotted a post about the v poor midfield from a previous Robbophile - I`ve moved away from getting involved in individual squabbles. We were beaten by a better team yesterday but. I think we will be in a much better position to sort out the deep-rooted playing problems (and I appreciate there are very deep rooted other problems) with Shez at the helm. There are certain things that can be firmly planted at Robbo's door such as our lack of fitness, a negative mindset and an unwillingness to "want" the ball. He also waxed lyrical about the likes of Mckay, Mclaughlin, Erwin and Green as well as bringing in some poor full backs (I accept Dummigan has to take a real hard look in the mirror, as he clearly has it within him).

My overriding point was that I trust Shez to spot and acquire the talent in midfield we require infinitely more than I would have trusted Robbo - in fact, that's wrong - I had simply lost all faith in Robbo. Others hadn't - and that's fine as it's their opinion. Trouble is some of the comments and views change with the tide and I find that most odd and sometimes struggle to understand what their opinion actually is. To be fair - you have always been consistent in yours - hence why the post wasn't directed at you.

He also waxed lyrical about the likes of Mckay, Mclaughlin, Erwin and Green as well as bringing in some poor full backs (I accept Dummigan has to take a real hard look in the mirror, as he clearly has it within him).

Where do you draw the line, though? 'Dummigan has to take a real hard look in the mirror, as he clearly has it within him', a twenty year old lad who had a decent run of games, looking good in a terrible side, but Green, Championship midfielder for nine years, is Robinson's responsibility? I don't want to get into this old debate but just thought it was worth pointing out inconsistency.

That being said, I'm very surprised Sheridan hasn't played Green so far, in fact. He's the sort of old head who new managers tend to like, and with our midfield options, to be fourth down the pecking order behind Banks and Law is damning. I wonder if there's something beneath the surface in that regard.

Guest nonaenever

That being said, I'm very surprised Sheridan hasn't played Green so far, in fact. He's the sort of old head who new managers tend to like, and with our midfield options, to be fourth down the pecking order behind Banks and Law is damning. I wonder if there's something beneath the surface in that regard.

You may be right - you would have thought Green would be ahead of those two in a "wipe the slate clean" approach of a new manager.

You may be right - you would have thought Green would be ahead of those two in a "wipe the slate clean" approach of a new manager.

Green is one of the players who let the previous manager down. Maybe Shez thinks he hasn't the right attitude for a relegation scrap.

He was a very good left back though...

Shez is correct about bringing in left footers. The crossing, especially from that side, was atrocious. Even worse when you consider the presence we had up front in Ngoo.

We carved some decent positions out on the wings with good work from Flynn but they were wasted. McLaughlin was desperately poor, and has been every time I've seen him. Could probably do with a winger too, to be honest.

Forte anyone ?