Midfield

I'd only keep Fane and at a push Flynn out of our contracted midfielders. Our midfields lack of basic ability is astounding and why we havent added to it is totally mystifying, it should of been the priority and as great a signing that Gerrard and Holloway were they were not what we really needed, our best performances this season have come when Croft and to a lesser extent Winchester have come on and injected some energy now we dont even have that and its frankly :censored:ing awful to watch. Banks,Green,Law and Mclaughlin are just not good enough and need replacing as soon as.

I'd only keep Fane and at a push Flynn out of our contracted midfielders. Our midfields lack of basic ability is astounding and why we havent added to it is totally mystifying, it should of been the priority and as great a signing that Gerrard and Holloway were they were not what we really needed, our best performances this season have come when Croft and to a lesser extent Winchester have come on and injected some energy now we dont even have that and its frankly :censored:ing awful to watch. Banks,Green,Law and Mclaughlin are just not good enough and need replacing as soon as.

:censored:ing hell, I didn't realise that the transfer window was shut and we can't sign anyone else.

Its been open two week

:censored:ing hell, I didn't realise that the transfer window was shut and we can't sign anyone else.

I think we knew three week ago our midfield was :censored:e but lets concentrate on getting in another centre half and a couple of forwards who will get :censored: all service.

We did need another centre half as burgess left and by god we needed another striker and yes we need midfielders. No where is strong enough across the park yet. Sorry to say it but fault lies at robbos door for his poor selections. Better players out their who they could of had on loan but he didn't.

We have to accept the strikers we have now and focus on the midfield.

Law is not up to it. Fane needs a decent player alongside him. Banks is embarrassing. Green has badly struggled to do the basics.

They're our centre mid options. Has to be improved upon, and fast. Second half they dominated us in there.

What midfield?

If Lincoln has our midfield they would soon drop down the table. if we had theirs we wouldn't be in this mess.

How is it a manager 2 league below can find better midfielders than ours?

Edited by BP1960

If Lincoln has our midfield they would soon drop down the table. if we had theirs we wouldn't be in this mess.

How is it a manager 2 league below can find better midfielders than ours?

Tbf, probably working under similar financial constraints ... only benefit we'd have is pro league football

We did need another centre half as burgess left and by god we needed another striker and yes we need midfielders. No where is strong enough across the park yet. Sorry to say it but fault lies at robbos door for his poor selections. Better players out their who they could of had on loan but he didn't.

Can I simply ask why Robbo had to sort out these players on loan? Every other 3rd division club doesnt run their business this way.

Guest nonaenever

As a previously sublime midfielder with World Cup and European campaigns under his belt, not to mention scoring a goal in a Wembley cup final and enjoying cult status at a couple of clubs as possibly their finest ever player, I think it's fair to say Shez may be able to spot our midfield deficiencies.

He signed one attacker and one defender he knew from the past - who were available - and the other attacker signed looks like a done deal from Robbo's reign.

He's only been here a week! Perhaps the right midfield player/s were not available in the few days he's had the job?

Some of the people slagging off the midfield are the very same ones who, literally only a matter of 10 days or so ago, were staunchly defending the manager who signed and coached them! Shez will get it right - unpicking the appalling playing legacy of Robbo will take some time though.

The midfield four were, with the exception of Flynn's first half, awful.

I was excited to see McLaughlin back on the right. Didn't deliver.

Flynn's second half was poor.

Fane compromised himself with an early booking.

Law was invisible.

The other player I'd pick out as poor was Dummywummygan (can never recall how to spell it). That all culminated in an injury which might well end his season.

The rest were OK,with the exception of failing to defend that corner.

Edited by opinions4u

The midfield four were, with the exception of Flynn's first half, awful.

I was excited to see McLaughlin back on the left. Didn't deliver.

Flynn's second half was poor.

Fane compromised himself with an early booking.

Law was invisible.

The other player I'd pick out as poor was Dummywummygan (can never recall how to spell it). That all culminated in an injury which might well end his season.

The rest were OK,with the exception of failing to defend that corner.

What on earth has happened to Dummigan? He was a brilliant Burnley loanee but just like Joe Mills since signing on a permanent deal he has gone backwards at an alarming rate!!