Been out for 8 months with an injury, had a pre season though so hopefully he's 100%.

I'm a bit concerned Gardner hasn't had much game time and was due a scan.

Edited by BP1960

49 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

What have Preston fans said of his performances before injuries?

Very positive from what I’ve read. Seems he did a decent job for them in the Championship when fit the season before last and was very good in League One.

All down to keeping him fit I suppose.

This signing, along with the others we’ve made, certainly appear to fuel the thought that we’re unlikely to be a free flowing attacking side next season.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Been out for 8 months with an injury, had a pre season though so hopefully he's 100%.

I'm a bit concerned Gardner hasn't had much game time and was due a scan.

He's suspended first few games ain't he so got time to get fit

He gets generally glowing reports from PNE forum however this comment was also made.....

Today, 04:48 PM#22

john welsh has been one of my favourite players in his time here, if he could play more games I`d have him front of Brown all day long sadly John cant play a full 90 minutes these days

17 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

He gets generally glowing reports from PNE forum however this comment was also made.....

Today, 04:48 PM#22

john welsh has been one of my favourite players in his time here, if he could play more games I`d have him front of Brown all day long sadly John cant play a full 90 minutes these days

If we can get 70 minutes out of him before bringing Green/Fane on he’ll do a job.

15 minutes ago, dec666 said:

If we can get 70 minutes out of him before bringing Green/Fane on he’ll do a job.

I think Fane could start alongside Welsh with a more creative midfielder in front of them. The number 17 from the Girona game fits the bill. 

It's strange no one has leaked who he is.

"Very good league one player, protects the defence well. Struggle with injuries last season & Pearson was our best player, so makes sense him moving."

"He's a rock when he's on his game. Didn't really get a sniff last season. Was a big part of us getting to championship"

Few comments from my mates about him