Blackpool tickets

Just had a text from a mate saying to check my train details for this game as there may be disruptions. I'm not the most clued up on all this, but as far as I can see trains from Manchester Piccadilly seem fine, there is mention of trains from Manchester Victoria/ airport maybe having detours? 

Someone with more savvy could maybe clear this up. 

41 minutes ago, steveoafc said:

Just had a text from a mate saying to check my train details for this game as there may be disruptions. I'm not the most clued up on all this, but as far as I can see trains from Manchester Piccadilly seem fine, there is mention of trains from Manchester Victoria/ airport maybe having detours? 

Someone with more savvy could maybe clear this up. 

If you are going through Bolton there is a bus service from there to further down the line (sketchy I know) I only saw a brief glimpse on the local news the other night.

Yes. There will be no trains running between Manchester via Bolton to Preston on 26th August (day of the Blackpool match) and replacement bus service will run instead. But the Airport train (from Airport via Piccadilly to Blackpool North and other direct services between Manchester and Preston will be unaffected, as they will travel via Wigan. Expect some delays - check Network Rail Live Train information.