Regardless of Investment

It wouldn't be harsh or unusual if Sheridan was gone now. 

No manager would be given the time he has and we are not improving.

Improvement is Winning games and to put it simply we are not. 

For me he's the past and we have to move on for good, we can't keep being sentimental in our failings now. It's sad but it's time.

Edited by KYLEOAFC

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, KYLEOAFC said:

For me he's the past and we have to move on for good, we can't keep be sentimental in our failings now. It's sad but it's time.

Refs not blown the whistle yet.

Action has to be taken this week. If this uncertainty continues we are down by christmas. 

What the action is I don't know. I am still convinced Sheridan is the right man with backing. However, I don't see him getting that backing from any new investment. 

The takeover has so far ruined our season and everyone involved needs some clarity so we can all move on.

We can't continue shipping 2 goals a week minimum. It's enough to send any team down

9 minutes ago, KYLEOAFC said:

For me he's the past and we have to move on for good, we can't keep be sentimental in our failings now. It's sad but it's time.

Bet you've been waiting for this. You were a massive Sheridan outer the first time he was in charge permanently. 

I say we Keep Shez and let him save us from relegation again, that's all he seems to be able to do.(joking of course)

How anyone can still want him as manager is beyond me, he should do the honourable thing and just resign, totally clueless .

I'll be waiting for the usual reports that say how unlucky we were and we played great and Shez is the right man for the job lol.

Minimum of 2 goals conceded in every league game - and after shipping in 5 today it's getting worse not better.

He pulled together a team over the summer and it has not worked.

Time for Sheridan to go - forever grateful for the last 2 great escapes but not time for sentiment, we are getting humiliated at the moment and if we carry on the gap will start to look hard to bridge.  Only 3 points adrift at the moment.

First half we weren't bad and should have gone in winning. Tope has to score his chance.

Cant say this every week though, and second half, it could have been 8. Before they started scoring every 2 minutes they missed 4/5 sitters. Truly shocking defending and in part Its down to 352. Its not working and hasn't been working.

He has to go for me

3 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Bet you've been waiting for this. You were a massive Sheridan outer the first time he was in charge permanently. 

Actually I am a football romantic. I wanted him to succeed bit it's clear he's not the answer. You could look at a Mans ambition  in life would you take the same job 4 times?? It smacks of desperation all round from him and the club. If I was to put money in I wouldn't keep doing the same old same old that's got us nowhere. Let's just end it for all concerned and have a clean break and fresh start. Sentiment never won anything.

7 minutes ago, Andy b said:

It's not down to 3 5 2 is it. It's down to players who are not good enough 

True.  If i can see it and you can see it why the fuk cant Shez see it and persist with the 3??  Want him to do well but i think he wont change so think his times up.

8 minutes ago, oafc4ever said:

I'd rather him have masterminded 2 promotions , but if you're happy for him to be here to save us from relegation every season he's our man .

See if he can do it this season then you'll be happy with 3 out of 3.

Never said I was happy? Your putting words in my mouth. It's easy to call a guy clueless after a bad start to the season. But the guy has been part of the club on and off for the past 20 years. 

Yes he is at the helm of a currently failing club and must shoulder a large portion of responsibility for that, but you can agree that we should part ways without slagging the guy off. 

He certainly doesn't deserve to be put in Tue same group of managers as Penney Dunn et al

Edited by philliggi

If he's gone it's a shame.  Before 01/09/17 we should have brought in another centre half or two rather than 4 left wingers.  

Yes we need to create goals but playing Gerrard and Clarke together is suicide.

I'ts one season too much for at least one of those two.  Experience you need but mobility and pace is even more important 

2 minutes ago, rigsby said:

Ive said it before and i will say it again..this 'investment' saga is damaging the club..im not convinced about shez but im becoming increasingly concerned about wtf corney is playing at..

I mostly agree with you, but I've always been right up there when it comes to being concerned about wtf corney is doing. The guy certainly doesn't have our best interests at heart 

1 minute ago, rigsby said:

Ive said it before and i will say it again..this 'investment' saga is damaging the club..im not convinced about shez but im becoming increasingly concerned about wtf corney is playing at..

Stuff the rubber stamp.  Corney hasn't funded Byrne, Doyle and Bryan without help.  

If this takeover has influenced how the players play and how the manager manages then the lot of them need sacking.  It's none of their business - they're being paid regardless of what happens.  No excuse.

10 minutes ago, philliggi said:

Never said I was happy? Your putting words in my mouth. It's easy to call a guy clueless after a bad start to the season. But the guy has been part of the club on and off for the past 20 years. 

Yes he is at the helm of a currently failing club and must shoulder a large portion of responsibility for that, but you can agree that we should part ways without slagging the guy off. 

He certainly doesn't deserve to be put in Tue same group of managers as Penney Dunn et al

He seems to have been part of the club for 20 years when it suits him, is he the same guy that left us for Notts County and got the sack there and came back?

6 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

If he's gone it's a shame.  Before 01/09/17 we should have brought in another centre half or two rather than 4 left wingers.  

Yes we need to create goals but playing Gerrard and Clarke together is suicide.

I'ts one season too much for at least one of those two.  Experience you need but mobility and pace is even more important 

Mobility and pace were not the main issues today - Ruddy piss poor ability at crosses and Edmundson being at fault in 3 goals was the issue - as well as Sherridans tactics at the back