Regardless of Investment

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Shez has a very dodgy CV now. He will struggle to get another job. If he fails in his next job, he’s finished. 

Correct,  it's not the first job he's downed tools on and appeared to go looking for the sack when things haven't gone his way.

There's no doubt he can get a team to play but similarly he can get one in a rut when he sees his arse.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Correct,  it's not the first job he's downed tools on and appeared to go looking for the sack when things haven't gone his way.

There's no doubt he can get a team to play but similarly he can get one in a rut when he sees his arse.

Tbf hes probably mightily pissed off with all the off field shenanigans..corney is literally taking the piss now .

Edited by rigsby

2 minutes ago, rigsby said:

Tbf hes probably mightily pissed off with all the off field shenanigans..corney is literally taking the piss now .

Thats crap. It’s just an excuse. A bad excuse. 

And how is Corney taking the piss. He’s selling not buying! Ffs. 

Edited by kowenicki

Just now, rigsby said:

Sorry but im not having that..its a fuking farce..cant u see that

Extra players. Yeah.  A farce.  Managers want fewer players and fewer options.  

Oldham fans.  Christ. 

Whining fans :”sell the club”

sc:”I’m selling the club”

whining fans: “sell it quicker! Make the buyer buy it quicker!”

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Oldham fans.  Christ. 

Oh well if you think this saga dragging on is good for the team i will have some of what your smoking

2 minutes ago, rigsby said:

Oh well if you think this saga dragging on is good for the team i will have some of what your smoking

I don’t smoke. I didn’t say it was good for the team. It’s not bad for the team either though. Why would it matter to them? 

Who do do you blame for this ‘farce’? 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Oldham fans.  Christ. 

We have huge problems, it's not the reason we are shit but it's part of the reason as it appears to be unsettling the manager and players alike, that's not Corneys fault but it can't be helping.

Many players and managers for that matter can sometimes look for excuses, this uncertainty is convenient for some and a ready made excuse to perform poorly whilst deflecting the blame, I'd be reluctant to pin the blame but there are senior pros in that dressing room who just aren't doing enough and that's the saddest part for me.

6 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I don’t smoke. I didn’t say it was good for the team. It’s not bad for the team either though. Why would it matter to them? 

Who do do you blame for this ‘farce’? 

Tbh im not getting into arguements with you..im mightily pissed off..i blame corney and also sheridan..wtf is he thinking playing clarke and gerrard together? A blind man can see they are too slow.

8 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

We have huge problems, it's not the reason we are shit but it's part of the reason as it appears to be unsettling the manager and players alike, that's not Corneys fault but it can't be helping.

Many players and managers for that matter can sometimes look for excuses, this uncertainty is convenient for some and a ready made excuse to perform poorly whilst deflecting the blame, I'd be reluctant to pin the blame but there are senior pros in that dressing room who just aren't doing enough and that's the saddest part for me.

That I can agree with. 

6 minutes ago, rigsby said:

Tbh im not getting into arguements with you..im mightily pissed off..i blame corney and also sheridan..wtf is he thinking playing clarke and gerrard together? A blind man can see they are too slow.

Corney has no blame in this whatsoever. Zero. 

Gerrsrd has to be dropped for sure though. Clarke is not going to be dropped, but as you say they simply can’t play together. 

24 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Oldham fans.  Christ. 

Common sense is not so common. Its a bloody circus behind the scenes. Anyone can see that, well perhaps not quite anyone.

After 72 minutes we are hoping to hold on and not out of the game

16 mins later and fans are calling time on his career with us after all he has done for us.

It might not be working for Shez at the moment, but look at his record, understandably he should be under pressure after the biggest defeat for some time and other factors might be to play, but I cannot believe how quickly some fans have turned on Shez.

Wouldn't like a lot in the trenches with me.

I'm clearly a solitary voice but 11 League & Cup games fans have turned. Sad.

1 hour ago, rigsby said:

Corney is attempting to sell the club or get fresh investment.
What, exactly, is "taking the piss" about that?

An influx of players come in, possibly on the back of funding by an investor. Why should this affect the players on the pitch? I can understand Sheridan having a bit of a conundrum, if these players are nothing to do with him...but the existing players? They are professionals and should be able to do their job, regardless.

The team has some decent players.
To me, the tactics appear to the problem.

5 minutes ago, singe said:

After 72 minutes we are hoping to hold on and not out of the game

16 mins later and fans are calling time on his career with us after all he has done for us.

It might not be working for Shez at the moment, but look at his record, understandably he should be under pressure after the biggest defeat for some time and other factors might be to play, but I cannot believe how quickly some fans have turned on Shez.

I don't think you are a solitary voice. I'd rather Sheridan stayed and sorted the problem himself but as I have said before, it is easier to inherit the problems caused by somebody else and attempt to turn fortunes around. The pressure is not nearly as immense as it would be if the problem was seemingly self-created. Is this as good as it gets with Sheridan...is he incapable of creating a squad good enough to get promoted, regardless of any investment? He could be having personal problems, he could be suffering from depression...who knows? 

Whatever the reasons, fans will turn if results do not come.

34 minutes ago, singe said:

Irony claxon.

Wouldn't want Shez in the trenches with me if you want to put it like that, Shez has fucked about and got us in this position whilst looking after number 1 and his own interests, at the same time he gives zero fucks for the fans who spend good money travelling the length and breadth of the country.

I've turned now because the bloke doesn't look capable of turning it around and actually looks out of his depth, out of interest how long should he get? Granted we're only a couple of wins off safety but this rut we're in just seems to get deeper and the games aren't getting any easier, he can't even see were the problem lies but it appears he chooses not to fix it to prove his point.

46 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Corney is attempting to sell the club or get fresh investment.
What, exactly, is "taking the piss" about that?

An influx of players come in, possibly on the back of funding by an investor. Why should this affect the players on the pitch? I can understand Sheridan having a bit of a conundrum, if these players are nothing to do with him...but the existing players? They are professionals and should be able to do their job, regardless.

The team has some decent players.
To me, the tactics appear to the problem.

Agree, and about existing players, he's still signed majority of team 

And Shez is on record as saying he had the final say, in the MEN this week,  so that myth was blown. 

It is frustrating. 

44 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I don't think you are a solitary voice. I'd rather Sheridan stayed and sorted the problem himself but as I have said before, it is easier to inherit the problems caused by somebody else and attempt to turn fortunes around. The pressure is not nearly as immense as it would be if the problem was seemingly self-created. Is this as good as it gets with Sheridan...is he incapable of creating a squad good enough to get promoted, regardless of any investment? He could be having personal problems, he could be suffering from depression...who knows? 

Whatever the reasons, fans will turn if results do not come.

Some excellent points, and fair questions.

My main issue is not the fans turn if results do not come, that is normal, it's just the fact it's so soon.

57 minutes ago, singe said:

Some excellent points, and fair questions.

My main issue is not the fans turn if results do not come, that is normal, it's just the fact it's so soon.

I think the fans on Twitter would have had him flayed alive, going off some of the tripe spouted on there.
Frustration is natural and understandable, I just hate the knee-jerk rants on social media.

I still feel that this is soon going to culminate in either a dismissal or a resignation.
It's not good, either way.

13 hours ago, singe said:

One perceived wisdom is that you give a manager and his team 10 or so games before you get a true picture of how the season will pan out. Sheridan admitted yesterday that the poor results are down to him. It is clear to many that the system he has asked the players to adopt (and the performance of some of those players) is simply not working.

The improvement seen at Fleetwood and Bristol did not hide the defensive failings.

So... if the fans have turned, is it justified? Things have to change or we will slip further off the pace and further away from safety.

Sad? It sure is sad at the moment whichever way you look at it.