League Tables 30.09.2017

Bristolatic

OK, folks, we're up to date. Remember that the Bury game has been postponed, so there will be no Prediction League tables now until after the Blackburn game. When the Bury game is played on 24th October, you may want to check any predictions you've already made in case of team changes etc.

Q8ysGEb.jpg?2

ps7WxRg.jpg?2

Pleased with my start to the season, but it's early days. The squad's not getting carried away, and we're just focusing on things on a game by game basis. 

Cheers for this Pete, some incredible work over the last couple of days. Hope you're on the way up now and you're fighting fit soon. 

Dave Collinge is obviously as bored as I am with this charade. Well done Pete for producing the tables...that show the standings in a dreadfully diminished competition in which one fluke attendance guess means you’ve accumulated more points than the others, including all the sockpuppet accounts you’ve put in there to make up the numbers. 

It’s getting to the point where people might be wondering if there’s any point at all to predicting or having a prediction league table. 

We are where we are. I suppose we can all look forward to rudemedic’s inevitable slide down to midtable. Has he ever held the top spot for even a week with, say, five games played? Maybe that’s what he’s in it for. Maybe there are some people out there who would retire happy after hitting the top just once.  

3 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Erm, you might want to look into a mirror and ponder that sentence further.

I was just wondering about some people’s poverty of ambition. People like yourself and rudemedic would get a massive thrill out of being top for even one week or just a few days. The likes of Me and Dave Collinge just can’t be happy with that. Then you’ve got people like nzlatic, Joe P and others who can barely believe they’re up there at the business end of the season and decide they don’t want it after all, for reasons I’ll never quite understand. 

I suppose in in my mind there’s a moral hierarchy reflected in the league standings and records. Perhaps a nerd might want to calculate who’s been top for most weeks since the beginning of the league, or who’s accumulated most points. I reckon I’d be top of that even if you take into account the fact that I’ve been retired for a season and a bit. Just a thought. 

Do you know, I've read some bollocks over time, but the bitterness of a fallen, flawed champion beats it all. It's so sad, I almost feel sorry for the boy. Almost. 

If only he had had the courage of his own convictions and given it a go, he could have commanded so much more respect.

Instead, he has resorted to aiming cheap Donald Trump-esque jibes at genuine competitors. I can almost picture him sat alone in his meagre garret, wishing that his decision making had been so much wiser.

It's not too late to put the record straight and be more magnanimous, instead of belittling those that deserve so much more recognition for their efforts.

16 hours ago, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

Dave Collinge is obviously as bored as I am with this charade. Well done Pete for producing the tables...that show the standings in a dreadfully diminished competition in which one fluke attendance guess means you’ve accumulated more points than the others, including all the sockpuppet accounts you’ve put in there to make up the numbers. 

It’s getting to the point where people might be wondering if there’s any point at all to predicting or having a prediction league table. 

We are where we are. I suppose we can all look forward to rudemedic’s inevitable slide down to midtable. Has he ever held the top spot for even a week with, say, five games played? Maybe that’s what he’s in it for. Maybe there are some people out there who would retire happy after hitting the top just once.  

What colour is the sky in your world?