Southend (A)

On 12/2/2017 at 9:29 PM, tringerlatic42 said:

Is there some point to this? If there is please advise? - trying to base stats on 5 gammes seems pointless to me

I was intrigued what the difference was, with us having such a good start during his caretaker spell and us going off the boil. I figured others might be intrigued to. No big deal.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, singe said:

I was intrigued what the difference was, with us having such a good start during his caretaker spell and us going off the boil. I figured others might be intrigued to. No big deal.

It is an head scratcher to be fair, sometimes when a manager has nothing to lose as caretaker they make bolder and maybe more adventurous decisions, now he may feel under a little more pressure to grind out results and one or two bad results can knock your confidence,  in my opinion nothing much has changed other than Doyle/Davies going off the boil and Byrne is now a marked man, for me we have become a bit predictable and we are not bossing the middle of the park like we did in Wellens first few games, for me there would be no harm in trying one up front in Doyle with a five man midfield with Nepomuceno and Menig on either flank Gardner and Byrne central with Fane holding or Gardner and Fane central with Byrne playing in between them and Doyle in a No 10 role, having said all that we have been unlucky not to score in the last three outings and Doyle has missed really good chances in most of those games so it may well just be down to bad fortune, I'm sure Richie will sort it out.

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

It is an head scratcher to be fair, sometimes when a manager has nothing to lose as caretaker they make bolder and maybe more adventurous decisions, now he may feel under a little more pressure to grind out results and one or two bad results can knock your confidence,  in my opinion nothing much has changed other than Doyle/Davies going off the boil and Byrne is now a marked man, for me we have become a bit predictable and we are not bossing the middle of the park like we did in Wellens first few games, for me there would be no harm in trying one up front in Doyle with a five man midfield with Nepomuceno and Menig on either flank Gardner and Byrne central with Fane holding or Gardner and Fane central with Byrne playing in between them and Doyle in a No 10 role, having said all that we have been unlucky not to score in the last three outings and Doyle has missed really good chances in most of those games so it may well just be down to bad fortune, I'm sure Richie will sort it out.

Thought Doyle struggled on his own up front v Bradford tonight, having said that our midfield did dominate and Tope did well wide right.