Southend (A)

57 minutes ago, Magister said:

Exactly....the longer the period of assessment  and the more evidence there is from from  tests the better the chances of a fairer judgement.?

After a long period of assessing your posts, the evidence is overwhelming. The chances are it's a fair judgement. You get an 'A' in being a...

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

After a long period of assessing your posts, the evidence is overwhelming. The chances are it's a fair judgement. You get an 'A' in being a...

I'm gutted!.........they award A* at A level these days. ....I can't believe you don't think I am not worth a top mark in being a...

Edited by Magister
Omitted word

22 hours ago, Magister said:

Keep up. Linear not modular

Ok, here is my problem;

My youngest son is a year 12 A Level English student (and Law diploma, but that is irrelevant).

So far this year he has had one deadline and there are three more to come, he also sits an exam at the end of this year. So he will be judged five times this year alone, I am not up to speed on next year yet, but there is one. Therefore, with one year plus one year being two years, he will be judged over two years and not two exams.

My choice now is either to believe the actual truth or to believe some guy with a condescending Latin name, with a -200+ rep, who likes to go around correcting the mistakes of others and is totally blind to the plethora of mistakes he makes himself.

This choice is not a tough one.

1 minute ago, Monty Burns said:

Ok, here is my problem;

My youngest son is a year 12 A Level English student (and Law diploma, but that is irrelevant).

So far this year he has had one deadline and there are three more to come, he also sits an exam at the end of this year. So he will be judged five times this year alone, I am not up to speed on next year yet, but there is one. Therefore, with one year plus one year being two years, he will be judged over two years and not two exams.

My choice now is either to believe the actual truth or to believe some guy with a condescending Latin name, with a -200+ rep, who likes to go around correcting the mistakes of others and is totally blind to the plethora of mistakes he makes himself.

This choice is not a tough one.

......and is an A level examiner

1 minute ago, leeslover said:

I'm almost sure I had a guess at you being an embittered former teacher once and you said you were in some sort of commercial role?

Why can't you be both.....schools and colleges have several million pound budgets to manager.....Mr Francis has no teaching background but manages your curriculum and it works vice - versa too

13 minutes ago, Magister said:

Why can't you be both.....schools and colleges have several million pound budgets to manager.....Mr Francis has no teaching background but manages your curriculum and it works vice - versa too

Another mistake. If you are telling the truth, which I doubt, I can only hope you concentrate better in your job.

18 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Fuck that. He goes to Oldham sixth form and his texts are Jerusalem and I can't remember t'other one, thats the best I'm giving you.

I don't examine English but my understanding was that Butterwoth's Jerusalem was an AS text and that AS had been decoupled from A level ...certainly by OCR .....I may well be wrong though....

We have a few OWTB wrestling matches going at the moment, top of the bill is Monty Burns v Magister.

I'm thinking of selling tickets to their next bout.

I've fought both in the past in wars of words and lost comprehensively.

Edited by BP1960

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

We have a few OWTB wrestling matches going at the moment, top of the bill is Monty Burns v Magister.

I've fought both in the past in wars of words and lost comprehensively.:wacko:

16 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

You win your fair share BP.....well against Monty anyway ??

31 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

There's no fucking winners in the latest borefest though, can't you just message each other directly and save the rest of us the pain it really is tedious. :sleeping:

8 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

There's no fucking winners in the latest borefest though, can't you just message each other directly and save the rest of us the pain it really is tedious. :sleeping:

It's more cringeworthy than watching Balotelli trying to put a training bib on

In other news Andy Perimeter West's word of the week seems to be "Hollywood"

Anyway back to football....

1 hour ago, cmr said:

It's more cringeworthy than watching Balotelli trying to put a training bib on

In other news Andy Perimeter West's word of the week seems to be "Hollywood"

Anyway back to football....

Glad I'm blocking them both 

16 hours ago, latics22 said:

Does anyone really care? 

Only those people who feel it necessary to add An opinion to a thread

17 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

I always end up confused about which of the Jargon Lads do what.

I do what what I want when I want ....happily retired

17 hours ago, stevesidg said:

Glad I'm blocking them both 

So how come you you know who he is talking about

Edited by Magister
Omitted word

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Did we find out why Gerrard was unavailable?

He was on 5 yellows. Seems that the rules changed this season - https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/checkatrade-trophy/about-checkatrade/rules--regulations/ 

11 On Field Disciplin

The Competition is a ‘First Team Competitive Match’ for the purposes of the Football Associations Regulations for Disciplinary Procedures.