The Bicker Free Thread

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corney.... could have done much better, could have done much worse. 

The long and slow stagnation of the club though has killed us. Feel if he had a reasonable opportunity to get out he should have sooner. 

I hope and feel his promise to leave us in safe hands rings true...

Looking forward to times ahead. 

Echo the thoughts of others - keep youth teamers around the squad rather than selling at first opportunity, sell players at prices they’re worth and keep if the right offer doesn’t come in. 

8 hours ago, MAC0AFC said:

Corney.... could have done much better, could have done much worse. 

The long and slow stagnation of the club though has killed us.

But for all the mistakes he didn't actully kill us.  It's been a long stint on life support though!

You could argue he's kept us in league 1 all these years! !!

When I look at the 2 leagues below us & see the team's in it I just think "there but for a lot of hard work & luck".

Think we should just be glad & hope AL can bring the much needed change of direction.

14 minutes ago, losesome said:

You could argue he's kept us in league 1 all these years! !!

When I look at the 2 leagues below us & see the team's in it I just think "there but for a lot of hard work & luck".

Think we should just be glad & hope AL can bring the much needed change of direction.

But Wimbledon who were founded the year before it went tits up for us are enjoying their second season in the same division. Bournemouth who were in dreadful financial shape were brought by a Russian multi-millionaire and are now in the Prem. 

As I have said previously the landlords didn’t necessarily save the club, but keeping us in the same division is probably the break even point on the field.

Off the field, however...

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 10:15 AM, rudemedic said:

But Wimbledon who were founded the year before it went tits up for us are enjoying their second season in the same division.

I think Wimbledon can be cited as a special case.  Despite the appalling way in which it was done I think it has become clear that it was the best thing that ever hapened to them.  The circumstances gave them a unique boost which a slow lingring death, which looked inevitable at the time, wouldn't have done.  I know several people who are season ticket holders there who wouldn't have been but for what happened.

43 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I think Wimbledon can be cited as a special case.  Despite the appalling way in which it was done I think it has become clear that it was the best thing that ever hapened to them.  The circumstances gave them a unique boost which a slow lingring death, which looked inevitable at the time, wouldn't have done.  I know several people who are season ticket holders there who wouldn't have been but for what happened.

True, but who is to say we wouldn’t have been Wimbledon of Manchester/Lancashire?

We had 6,000 fans when the Landlords took over, more than what Wimbledon have now. I think a lot of them would have stuck around and supported the Phoenix club.