Paul Green

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Feel Green should have been a much bigger player for us than he ever was, maybe age has caught up with him.

Don’t know where crewe are in the league and don’t know if they still look to play Football, but in my head this seems like a good fit for him. Good luck Paul, thanks for your effort ?

Legs have gone.

There’s no way he carved the career he had with the limited ability he’s shown us

28 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

His legs seem to work fine. As many have said he always puts in 100% (OWTB-speak for "runs around a lot" :grin: )

It's his ability that's gone.

Robbo always talked about how much ground he covered. You just need someone in midfield with a bit of vision and ability to pass the ball accurately though and Green has neither at a level good enough for us. Like others have said - I expected more from a player with his experience.

15 hours ago, latics22 said:

These weren’t Sheridan’s signings they were robbos, they kept shez up he gave them a chance. I didn’t see anyone slagging them off at the start of the season!

I did, insofar as saying that if we wanted to do any better than last season, we would never do it with Banks, Green and Flynn featuring.  I like Shez and the notion that he can't pick a player (see Matt Palmer) is rubbish - all managers make mistakes - but keeping these three in and around the starting eleven played a big part in his downfall.

22 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

I did, insofar as saying that if we wanted to do any better than last season, we would never do it with Banks, Green and Flynn featuring.  I like Shez and the notion that he can't pick a player (see Matt Palmer) is rubbish - all managers make mistakes - but keeping these three in and around the starting eleven played a big part in his downfall.

I'm not so sure abut that. 

His old school ways in not playing Placide and having the hump about having all the foreign lads foisted on him was the biggest part. 

Ruddy pretty much singlehandedly lost him his job. 

Had he been less stubborn I reckon we wouldn't be in a massively different position now than we are under Wellens even with those 3 featuring here and there alongside Fane, Byrne and Gardner. 

We were OK going forward we just had massive issues at the back. Not just because we had our worst goalkeeper ever but because of the effect that had on Clarke's morale...

Edited by HarryBosch

20 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Paul Greens best game by a country mile for us was Bury away last season, unfortunately those days were few and far between. 

Agree. Remember seeing him in thay game and thinking he looked head and shoulders above the rest on the pitch. Probably said more about the rest than Green himself.

Useless to us in my opinion. Right decision.