Archived Welcome Posts

Beardy

Name? Downender

Location? Bristol

How Long Supporting the Tics? 40 years...!!

Best away match you've been to? this season, Huddersfield...in my life....I'll get back to you on this one....

All Time Greatest Player? Vic Halom - King of all Geordies

Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)? Bolton, Leeds and Man City

Am I in't club now....???

Welcome Downender. You will be a fully fledged Member as soon as an Admin comes along.

That's two OWTB latics fans in Bristol now - yourself and Big_fin_Latic.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name? Downender

Location? Bristol

How Long Supporting the Tics? 40 years...!!

Best away match you've been to? this season, Huddersfield...in my life....I'll get back to you on this one....

All Time Greatest Player? Vic Halom - King of all Geordies

Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)? Bolton, Leeds and Man City

Am I in't club now....???

You will be as soon as an Admin comes along! Welcome on board, any questions give one of us a shout!

I apologise on behalf of the aged expat - too much ale I think!

Anyway - you started going well before '71 - I remember you coming home telling me about beating Scarborough 9-nil in the Third Div North!

no you're dreaming-we were firmly anchored at the bottom end of the 4th division when i went with jez wellock and his dad-i can remember a night game against grimsby in the p*ssing rain as one of my first games at ice station zebra.

up to going to watch latics i used to go and watch celtic at bower fold, the main atraction there being the free pies halfway through the second half when the canteen staff decided they'd brought too many to sell!

Name?

Dean

Location?

Nerja, Málaga but originally from Mossley.

How Long Supporting the Tics?

Nearly 20 years.

Best away match you've been to?

They have been many but Ian Marshall's hatrick at Wolves takes some beating

All Time Greatest Player?

Ricky Holden. Legend.

Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)?

Used to be Man City or Leeds. Now I'd say Tranmere.

Amigo bienvenido. Siempre bueno para otro Latic para unirnos de la tierra de Diego Cervero. Viva Latics.

muchas gracias Diego. deberia hablar espanol mejor pero soy tonto. vine aqui hace casi dos anos y todavia no he visto Snr Cervero. Vivo en esperanza!

muchas gracias Diego. deberia hablar espanol mejor pero soy tonto. vine aqui hace casi dos anos y todavia no he visto Snr Cervero. Vivo en esperanza!

Lealtad es todavía cima de la liga. Si ellos llegan en el final espero venir a España :Spain: para ver Diego jugar.

Guest oa_exile
Welcome in, please have a butchers at the rules and guidelines - and if there's anything else please give one of us a shout.

:thumb08:

Dé la bienvenida en, tiene por favor a un carniceros en las órdenes y pautas - y si hay algo más da por favor uno de nosotros un grito.

:thumb08:

Name?

Jon WJnr

Location?

Bury

How Long Supporting the Tics?

6-7 years,

Best away match you've been to?

ever........oo been a few but most probably, stockport away when eyresy scored in the last minute, was my first ever away game, and from that day on i was a latics fan all the way.....i was like many converted from a glory man u fan, now i couldnt give 2 sh*ts about the Barstewards.

All Time Greatest Player?

i know the likes of ritchie and palmer and legends....but from what ive watched, has to be paul murray, showed so much passion and was also a top class player also , i did some reasearch into the guy and saw that, he was once set to make a 4 mill pound move to newcastle when bobby robson was there..... but his knee let him down like most of his carear, and also after he left us, he was in the side for beira mar which was the only one to be porto the season they won the champions league.

muzza was class

Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)?

Man City or for some reason tranmoore, but at moment blackpool.......

Guest Nobber

Just want to wish you boys luck over these two games as it's fooking horrible when the Scummers are doing well and it'd be unbearable if they got promotion.

Fair enough the Derbies are amazing but i think it's more satisfying being a league above them and being able to put them down whenever possible :D

Plus i'd like Oldham to come up as we're a bit short of North West sides in the Championship.

"How many pints did Gregan have? How many pints did Gregan have?.............."

Is it time for another repeat of how Bill Shankly chased after and clattered an escaping villain my grandad, who was Preston's fattest, hardest and slowest copper, was chasing after?

Well, he did :)

Got to say that would be one hell of a name drop! There's probably some Oldham policeman who will tell his grandchildren a similar tail about BOSH! in decades to come.

Name? Mark Castle

Location? Oldham

How Long Supporting the Tics? 33 years

Best away match you've been to? Liverpool FA Cup 1977 (i think)

All Time Greatest Player? Alan Groves

Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)? Blackpool