Administration??

19 hours ago, PeteG said:

ADMINISTRATION- COULD IT BE NEARER THAN WE Think?? 

Put aside the massive problems the club are having at the moment are we  in  more serious trouble than we think.

Has the CEO started where he left off at Bury? 
Great to have a cheap season ticket but is the scheme sustainable. At the prices they are ,you have to sell a lot to touch 2 years ago and I don't think that this seasons pandemic sales  have  been equalled in numbers.

On top of that we lose sponsorship money with little hope of getting any when the behaviour of the club is a key issue, certainly when money is tight.

We have had bailouts from the efl this season on 3 occasions, surely they will stop when fans are allowed back and I'm led to believe some of that is a loan that is repayable. 

Glad to survive in Division 2 whatever our position but will we get through to next season when it is rumoured that the owner does not want to put any more cash in.

I don't think he is putting much money in. Corney always said that the income generated by the club would only sustain a L2 side. Income generated by the JR stand would change that. KE is possibly following instructions which has caused sponsors to walk away.

21 hours ago, PeteG said:

Paddy let's cut to the chase. Your everybody but nobody. Everyone knows that.Stay on topic. These are real concerns not personality issues. 

I am genuinely concerned for our club. Abdallah has not been seen since September. Mo has upped sticks and gone home and we are left with someone in charge whose last job was at Bury that went under.

Rather than personalise it Paddy concentrate on the facts.

1. Season ticket revenue will be way down and like it or not many loyal Oldham fans would pay the going rate come what may.

2. Sponsorship money already lost. Let's hope the CEO manages to get some firms over the line. From what I am told about the way he handled the lost ones, there ain't much hope for anything major. I hope I am proved wrong.

3. More finance will need to be borrowed to remain intact as a club and the owner has no asset value in the club. Will Abdallah  put money in.?Doesn't seem he is that keen on the club given his lack of presence.

*You're

21 hours ago, PeteG said:

Paddy let's cut to the chase. Your everybody but nobody. Everyone knows that.Stay on topic. These are real concerns not personality issues. 

I am genuinely concerned for our club. Abdallah has not been seen since September. Mo has upped sticks and gone home and we are left with someone in charge whose last job was at Bury that went under.

Rather than personalise it Paddy concentrate on the facts.

1. Season ticket revenue will be way down and like it or not many loyal Oldham fans would pay the going rate come what may.

2. Sponsorship money already lost. Let's hope the CEO manages to get some firms over the line. From what I am told about the way he handled the lost ones, there ain't much hope for anything major. I hope I am proved wrong.

3. More finance will need to be borrowed to remain intact as a club and the owner has no asset value in the club. Will Abdallah  put money in.?Doesn't seem he is that keen on the club given his lack of presence.

*You're

23 hours ago, PeteG said:

Bury your head in the sand then, revenue is and will be massively down, it's worse than it's been in a long time i reckon and unless they sell Bahamboula for a big fee in the summer i can't see us making it to the start of next season without going into admin but then that's just my opinion. Feel free to ignore

Like a lot of clubs.  

You are stating the bleeding obvious. 

Away from the worries of the future and the possibility of administration which I feel is a real threat as my last post indicated, what does the immediate future have in store.

A number of clubs in the EFL, certainly at Division 2 level have needed financial assistance from the governing body. Many fans may not be aware that such monies are loans and have to be repaid. Until that occurs the clubs concerned are under embargo and can only sign free agents.

During the recruitment process during the summer the club needs to come clean on its financial position and who they can sign.

Perhaps this should have been reported to fans before season tickets were put on sale.

Before I am reminded that clubs are in debt due to Covid, the real truth in that the pandemic has been kind to clubs in a financial sense. Clubs received financial  assistance from the furlough scheme, the Premier League and the EFL . I would think that it was this input that kept the club afloat until recently when no doubt it has had to borrow money.

Come on Abdallah come clean

On 4/21/2021 at 10:45 AM, PeteG said:

Away from the worries of the future and the possibility of administration which I feel is a real threat as my last post indicated, what does the immediate future have in store.

A number of clubs in the EFL, certainly at Division 2 level have needed financial assistance from the governing body. Many fans may not be aware that such monies are loans and have to be repaid. Until that occurs the clubs concerned are under embargo and can only sign free agents.

During the recruitment process during the summer the club needs to come clean on its financial position and who they can sign.

Perhaps this should have been reported to fans before season tickets were put on sale.

Before I am reminded that clubs are in debt due to Covid, the real truth in that the pandemic has been kind to clubs in a financial sense. Clubs received financial  assistance from the furlough scheme, the Premier League and the EFL . I would think that it was this input that kept the club afloat until recently when no doubt it has had to borrow money.

Come on Abdallah come clean

We almost always sign free agents anyway, especially in the summer. Didn't KE say that the club had not taken up any loans from the Government.

14 hours ago, al_bro said:

We almost always sign free agents anyway, especially in the summer. Didn't KE say that the club had not taken up any loans from the Government.

They are not loans from the government they are loans from the efl which are in addition to the money the club got as part of the bailout that all clubs got. Has KE really said the club hasn't taken the loans from the efl?? Interesting but not surprising 

Archived