Meeting Messageboard Members

Couldn't find a suitable thread to post this but I did enjoy meeting @BP1960tonight although what he was doing in my local in rural Suffolk I'm not sure....

Having a chat with an old boy in the local earlier who, not unreasonably, said he was bored with modern, possession based football. He had two suggestions to change things - both based on rugby. Only allow a set formation - 2 full backs, three half backs and five forwards (which I do just about remember) and (rather than only allowing backward passing) only allow forward passing. Interesting...

30 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Couldn't find a suitable thread to post this but I did enjoy meeting @BP1960tonight although what he was doing in my local in rural Suffolk I'm not sure....

Having a chat with an old boy in the local earlier who, not unreasonably, said he was bored with modern, possession based football. He had two suggestions to change things - both based on rugby. Only allow a set formation - 2 full backs, three half backs and five forwards (which I do just about remember) and (rather than only allowing backward passing) only allow forward passing. Interesting...

Did he demonstrate this with a clip board? 😉

37 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

I sat next to BP1960 for a match once. Found it really interesting actually to see/hear the tactical analysis of players from someone who'd obviously been in and around game...

I actually agree. I respect BP and his experience and find it a little sad that we appear to have fallen out for no reason that is obvious to me. 

Archived