Blyth gone

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

We will. These will finish bottom. This was arguably the biggest game in their history. They lost. 

Ridiculous comment. Not even close. It was Sutton’s fourth game of the season FFS.

They’ve had some very good FA cup runs in their history and were sniffing around promotion to the EFL on more than one occasion in recent seasons. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Ridiculous comment. Not even close. It was Sutton’s fourth game of the season FFS.

They’ve had some very good FA cup runs in their history and were sniffing around promotion to the EFL on more than one occasion in recent seasons. 

first ever home game in the football league wasn’t it? 

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

first ever home game in the football league wasn’t it? 

It was but he’s right they’ve had far more illustrious matches than us in the FA Cup 

Arsenal

Leeds

Wimbledon

and they beat Coventry in 89 

They May be slightly interested in the return fixture but let’s stop pretending we are some sleeping giant these clubs should be masturbating themselves at being on the same pitch as us 

2 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

It was but he’s right they’ve had far more illustrious matches than us in the FA Cup 

Arsenal

Leeds

Wimbledon

and they beat Coventry in 89 

They May be slightly interested in the return fixture but let’s stop pretending we are some sleeping giant these clubs should be masturbating themselves at being on the same pitch as us 

It being us they played isn’t the point I’m making… Obviously! 

Whoever they played in this game I’d have said the same. 

4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

It being us they played isn’t the point I’m making… Obviously! 

Whoever they played in this game I’d have said the same. 

First ever home league game is huge I agree, but for a non league team to beat a then First Division team in the FA Cup was an incredible day.

Archived