Blyth gone

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Now get the prolific goal scoring  centre forward Jacob Hazel in on trial  from Whitby recommended by an owtb fan.

Must be a vast improvement. 

Could we afford him? And can we even sign players unless they are free agents?

Just now, mick26 said:

Would have liked us to create a couple of chances to see if he could finish :peepwall:

This is true. He looked a big lump to me but maybe if had got him to stand in the box and play to his strengths if he has any he might have had half a chance. The games I saw him in he was 30 yards from goal with the nearest blue shirt to him another 20 yards away. Has Hope looked any better?

2 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Would have liked us to create a couple of chances to see if he could finish :peepwall:

Did he not have a fairly straight forward header central to goal at Bristol Rovers and head it over the cross bar 🤔I could be wrong.. 

23 minutes ago, PeteG said:

This is true. He looked a big lump to me but maybe if had got him to stand in the box and play to his strengths if he has any he might have had half a chance. The games I saw him in he was 30 yards from goal with the nearest blue shirt to him another 20 yards away. Has Hope looked any better?

For those who don't rate Pidge, stick him up top with the young kid or Dearnley. Might sound daft but I bet it would give us a threat up top.

Tell him to be in the box and to hold the ball or flick ons, have his partner or partners close by to run off him.

Its not that daft honest, although it means nobody to win headers at the back, but there seems alot on here who dont like him in the defence.

Just now, maximus1267 said:

For those who don't rate Pidge, stick him up top with the young kid or Dearnley. Might sound daft but I bet it would give us a threat up top.

Tell him to be in the box and to hold the ball or flick ons, have his partner or partners close by to run off him.

Its not that daft honest, although it means nobody to win headers at the back, but there seems alot on here who dont like him in the defence.

I thought last season he'd have done a decent job in a powder-puff midfield.  He passes the ball quite well.  Not a high bar granted, but he is one of our better players.  Getting involved to make mistakes seem to equal a poor player in some quarters..

19 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

The one who's looked a handful when joining the attack is Hart, but need him at left back.

48 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Hope runs to the ball,  but never seems to reach it. A big disappointment and KCs patience must be wearing thin.

2 hours ago, maximus1267 said:

Managers don't seem to do that sort of thing any more. Royle did it quite often if we needed a goal and it paid off quite a few times.

What are we saying? Worst player we’ve ever seen play for ua? Certainly right near the top with the likes of Sonny Sefil et al. My god we’ve had some shocking strikers at the club but this guy was a raffle winner. How he even got a trial is beyond me.

1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

No need to continue with the insults. 

The lad tried, was found wanting, and has gone.

Show a bit of compassion !

Few more games without goals and he'll be fondly remembered for his lovely touch and hold up play who only failed because he didn't have a pacey striker with him

Archived