OASF announce Oct AGM

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Where is the full accounts with P&L?

I have no idea as I am not part of OASF, and I am useless with numbers too.

TBH, I was more surprised to see them published before the October AGM.

Previously, they would be issued to members first, put on the AGM agenda, with a rollout to members at the AGM, take questions  and then ask members to vote to accept and approve them. Then they are uploaded at CH.

They do seem to have less pages than the previous years. I think there was a directors statement/yearly overview that OASF started to include as good practice. I got use to quoting FRS 102 section 1a ( I think) alot when we negiotiating with the club over the state of the clubs accounts (Which were also due July time)..haha

Unsure if there has been any legal requirement changes or if it is just the minimum published. Dave Og has great skills on finances and stuff

Maybe you can ask at the AGM or forward a question to them?

17 minutes ago, underdog said:

I have no idea as I am not part of OASF, and I am useless with numbers too.

TBH, I was more surprised to see them published before the October AGM.

Previously, they would be issued to members first, put on the AGM agenda, with a rollout to members at the AGM, take questions  and then ask members to vote to accept and approve them. Then they are uploaded at CH.

They do seem to have less pages than the previous years. I think there was a directors statement/yearly overview that OASF started to include as good practice. I got use to quoting FRS 102 section 1a ( I think) alot when we negiotiating with the club over the state of the clubs accounts (Which were also due July time)..haha

Unsure if there has been any legal requirement changes or if it is just the minimum published. Dave Og has great skills on finances and stuff

Maybe you can ask at the AGM or forward a question to them?

More just me thinking out loud that an organisation that used to moan about the club publishing full accounts, doesn't publish their own

17 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

More just me thinking out loud that an organisation that used to moan about the club publishing full accounts, doesn't publish their own

So your thinking out load and accusing them of not doing what you’re thinking in your head - without knowing or bothering to find out if they actually have.

Cool story. 

Should Bradley Knowles be on the committee to decide who is elected ?

He recently voiced his opinion and gave a speech (backed by statistics to be fair) on getting Sheridan out the club, but was then the first one to march down and boo to the players/coaching staff on Saturday under the new management ? 
Strange to me. 

11 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

He recently voiced his opinion and gave a speech (backed by statistics to be fair) on getting Sheridan out the club, but was then the first one to march down and boo to the players/coaching staff on Saturday under the new management ? 
Strange to me. 

I don't think being critical of the club precludes you from doing the job you've been appointed to do.

Anyway, my main point was that the Foundation is looking to convert to being a CBS. And the method by which they have chosen to run this election is exactly in line with FSA policy and with good practice guidance for CBBS's. 

39 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Strange to me. 

No.

6 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Strange to me. 

I find it much stranger that a Blackpool fan is involved in it...

^^ see above I have asked for the election policy via twitter this AM. That should clarify it more.

The election committee is independent from OASF except one role. See below. The purpose is to run candidate election seperate from OASF.

Reason why independent is that they manage the election process in a fair and impartial manner. If that makes sense. 

One member selected to be part of the process and "see" it being fair and can testify to that affect. See the candidate forms, select the election tool, ensuring accurate vote recording and announcement of result

The only OASF role allowed is the membership secretary as they have access to the members database. They are there to verify that those standing are members and those nomination them (2 required) are also members. I will presume secretary is doing both? Although it should have bern clarified

Off topic I wonder why they want members now to vote on accounts they have published and how they have published them. I don't think this year they are full accounts?

10 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Strange to me. 

Does he not sponsor a player too? Not that there is anything wrong in that

11 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Strange to me. 

Your choice. Presumably you'll vote accordingly.

10 hours ago, basilrobbie said:

I don't think being critical of the club precludes you from doing the job you've been appointed to do.

Anyway, my main point was that the Foundation is looking to convert to being a CBS. And the method by which they have chosen to run this election is exactly in line with FSA policy and with good practice guidance for CBBS's. 

Yes the FSA helped by writing the election policy for OASF 3 years ago. They are usually invited onto the election committee too

I Have asked this AM for that policy that may explain more  

46 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Financially supporting the football club is a good thing surely...

Yes most definitely but I cant see in the meeting notes this was recorded. Maybe it's I the August notes yet to be published.

Maybe it's recorded on the  gift/hospitality log for directors  that was previously requested OASF start producing too.

Archived