Maidstone United Away Saturday 19th November.

Your other discussion didn’t even name Maidstone United, but we’re excited by the visit of one of the “big” clubs. Especially as we’re in a similar position to yourselves so are hoping for something from this one. When it works, our system is 100% effort and numerous crosses. When it doesn’t it’s pretty awful, but we feel a corner has been turned with injured players returning and a rare win away to Scunthorpe. How many fans do you think you'll bring? The lack of the kind of moaning we had from Southend suggests you haven’t won’t sell out your 500 allocation. See you Saturday.

1 hour ago, Marco said:

Your other discussion didn’t even name Maidstone United, but we’re excited by the visit of one of the “big” clubs. Especially as we’re in a similar position to yourselves so are hoping for something from this one. When it works, our system is 100% effort and numerous crosses. When it doesn’t it’s pretty awful, but we feel a corner has been turned with injured players returning and a rare win away to Scunthorpe. How many fans do you think you'll bring? The lack of the kind of moaning we had from Southend suggests you haven’t won’t sell out your 500 allocation. See you Saturday.

We played you in the FA Cup a few years ago so it's not a new ground for many, I reckon about 300 would be a good effort seeing as we haven't remotely looked like winning away since we played at Stevenage in early April. Since then it's been;

P 13

W 0

D 4

L 9

F 10

A 24

And absolutely dire to watch to boot.

2 hours ago, Marco said:

We played you four years ago in the FA Cup 2nd round:

Maidstone United 0-2 Oldham Athletic

1 Dec 2018

Given our current form, there may only be 300 there from Oldham.

I was at the cup game and your club made us all feel very welcome - and there are some decent pubs close by too 👍

Also do Maidstone still have an artificial playing surface? 

1 hour ago, Flemboy said:

I've decided to miss my first match since I just can't muster the enthusiasm to go to be battered  3-0 again and won't  until they show passion and pride and not keep rolling over.

Said the same thing after Halifax so you are not on your own.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

We played you in the FA Cup a few years ago so it's not a new ground for many, I reckon about 300 would be a good effort seeing as we haven't remotely looked like winning away since we played at Stevenage in early April. Since then it's been;

P 13

W 0

D 4

L 9

F 10

A 24

And absolutely dire to watch to boot.

I’m surprised the home gate hasn’t dropped off more. If you go on your own like I do, and don’t have the social side to get through the afternoon, all you’re left with is the football. . . 😩

3 hours ago, Flemboy said:

I've decided to miss my first match since I just can't muster the enthusiasm to go to be battered  3-0 again and won't  until they show passion and pride and not keep rolling over.

Respect @Flemboythat this is the first match that you have decided to miss 👏

I have missed a few this season (for a variety of reasons) but will be going to Maidstone - I expect that we will see a much improved performance on the pitch 😮

3 hours ago, League one forever said:

I’m surprised the home gate hasn’t dropped off more. If you go on your own like I do, and don’t have the social side to get through the afternoon, all you’re left with is the football. . . 😩

It has dropped off hasn't it? I know they've quoted over 6k were there against Barnet, but there was nowhere near that...

8 hours ago, Flemboy said:

Fair play to you.

I'm going. I've a feeling we might actually win this!

No real reason except we have to put in a performanceand  win away at some point🤞

I reckon you'll change your mind come Friday morning😉

• Bender locked this topic

Archived