Injuries

Has there been any update on Hallam Hope's injury? I understand it looked a bad one, has that been confirmed?

How about Jordan Clarke? I do remember him going over against County on New Year's Day and I think I've heard ribs but any news on how long he's likely to be out?

And Ben Tollitt. Was it a tactical sub on Saturday, or was he injured?

Not sure where Rooney fits into this 442 formation. Can he play RB?

I can understand the Club playing their cards close to their chest if a player might be fit for Saturday but in the case of Hope who's been out for three weeks already, surely they could provide an update.

1 hour ago, Hemel latic said:

Not sure where Rooney fits into this 442 formation. Can he play RB?

I can understand the Club playing their cards close to their chest if a player might be fit for Saturday but in the case of Hope who's been out for three weeks already, surely they could provide an update.

Hope would be on my released list. The amount of times he gets the ball in a positive position and turns back is a joke. 

On 1/10/2023 at 1:49 PM, Hemel latic said:

Has there been any update on Hallam Hope's injury? I understand it looked a bad one, has that been confirmed?

How about Jordan Clarke? I do remember him going over against County on New Year's Day and I think I've heard ribs but any news on how long he's likely to be out?

And Ben Tollitt. Was it a tactical sub on Saturday, or was he injured?

Hallam Hope became a much better player last time he was injured. I obviously wish him a speedy recovery but he is no loss to the team. Headless Chickens are ten a penny in the Conference. 

Didn't Clifford say that Clarke was being released?

Tollitt hasn't looked the same since he got the knock against Torquay...

On 1/11/2023 at 2:32 PM, Lee Sinnott said:

Hallam Hope became a much better player last time he was injured. I obviously wish him a speedy recovery but he is no loss to the team. Headless Chickens are ten a penny in the Conference. 

Didn't Clifford say that Clarke was being released?

Tollitt hasn't looked the same since he got the knock against Torquay...

Jordan Clarke’s return v Notts Co was a surprise to everyone. 
His below par performance wasn’t a surprise though as he lacked match sharpness having been frozen out after our no show at Altrincham in November. 

Having said that, he ‘should’ still be good enough to play in a 4-4-2. 

Tollitt was rushed back due to Rhino’s naïvety emphasised by the pressure he is under to win games. 
He’s treated Gardner the same way, maybe now we have a bit more choice, not rushing players back from injury will hopefully benefit both the team and individuals alike. 

8 hours ago, hollandspies said:

Jordan Clarke’s return v Notts Co was a surprise to everyone. 
His below par performance wasn’t a surprise though as he lacked match sharpness having been frozen out after our no show at Altrincham in November. 

Having said that, he ‘should’ still be good enough to play in a 4-4-2. 

Tollitt was rushed back due to Rhino’s naïvety emphasised by the pressure he is under to win games. 
He’s treated Gardner the same way, maybe now we have a bit more choice, not rushing players back from injury will hopefully benefit both the team and individuals alike. 

I agree with a lot of this. Jordan Clarke was poor against Notts County but as you say, first game back after injury and potentially rushed back to allow Sheron to play midfield. He doesn't have a big fan club here but I think he's generally solid at right back. 

I do also agree that Dan Gardner often hasn't looked fit this season. Only time will tell whether that's the legacy of serious injury, or being brought back from niggling injury too soon, but when he has looked fully fit, Torquay away for example, he's played well although of course he let himself down there with a needless sending off.

12 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

He doesn't have a big fan club here but I think he's generally solid at right back.

Yeah, I don’t get this with Clarke. Yes his passing isn’t great- but that goes for the vast majority of the team. I think he’s steady without being spectacular- which is fine for this season. We can look at an upgrade in the summer, or maybe Varney will impress. 

1 hour ago, Hemel latic said:

I do also agree that Dan Gardner often hasn't looked fit this season. Only time will tell whether that's the legacy of serious injury, or being brought back from niggling injury too soon, but when he has looked fully fit, Torquay away for example, he's played well although of course he let himself down there with a needless sending off.

Bollocks!…… constantly passing the ball straight back to the opposition is fuck all to do with fitness!!😂

Archived