In less than a decade ago

3 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

that was my top theory! it was the make them contenders part, needed another word like future or something!

Or possibly contenders if the club use the Premier monies wisely. I've no reason to think they won't given the management have steered the side to the Premier league in good time. 

1 minute ago, Lags said:

Or possibly contenders if the club use the Premier monies wisely. I've no reason to think they won't given the management have steered the side to the Premier league in good time. 

yes but youre saying future money makes them contenders outide the prem.

they have already moved past contenders outside the prem stage, as they are actually in the prem already.

l dont understand why people are being so quick to write them off tbh. altho l'll join in if they give up their home advantage.

14 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

yes but youre saying future money makes them contenders outide the prem.

they have already moved past contenders outside the prem stage, as they are actually in the prem already.

l dont understand why people are being so quick to write them off tbh. altho l'll join in if they give up their home advantage.

Yes,  they are now a prem club, but not contenders in my opinion. Having watched the final yesterday either club will finish bottom. For me,  take the money,  enjoy the season in the sun and use the money to become contenders in the Premier. 

Put it like this if they have any sense of long termism they will put alot of that extra 300 million towards whatever costs need paying towards thar new stadium revamp the training ground or any other infrastructure projects that need doing then whatever they have left spend on the team. This is what Burnley did the first time they went up.

They will have the lowest budget in the PL next season. If they can somehow stay up (and the best chance they have of that will be to play at Kenilworth Road) then that's when you can really expand the playing budget.

1 hour ago, Lags said:

Yes,  they are now a prem club, but not contenders in my opinion. Having watched the final yesterday either club will finish bottom. For me,  take the money,  enjoy the season in the sun and use the money to become contenders in the Premier. 

but they wudnt be in the prem?

l get you really 😉

8 hours ago, Longlostfan said:

I'm pleased for them.  I think it will be hard for them in the greedy league and careful management will be required so that they aren't completely broken when they get relegated. Success from here is probably getting a few seasons in not all being relegation dogfights with a few great results.

The only downer is all the 'just the second* team to go from national league to premier league' comments we will have to listen to in 2030 when we get back to the premier league.

assuming Stockport don't get there before us.

We can be the first prem club to be relegated to conference and get back again

26 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

We can be the first prem club to be relegated to conference and get back again

thats a bit tame. 

we could also be the first prem club to get relegated out of the league and then win the Champions League. dont sell us short, Fluff.

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

thats a bit tame. 

we could also be the first prem club to get relegated out of the league and then win the Champions League. dont sell us short, Fluff.

We could have been first prem club to be relegated to NLN and then get back to prem...

22 hours ago, Lags said:

Don't forget they will have a lot of money to buy good new players, spend it wisely like Brighton have done and no reason to finish in the bottom 2.

Afer watching the FIFA World under 20s World Cup I'd be recruiting from Argentina, some great players over there who in general adapt well to the EPL.

I also watched England's under 20s in comparison, awful, light years away in skill and determination.

Edited by BP1960

20 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Don't forget they will have a lot of money to buy good new players, spend it wisely like Brighton have done and no reason to finish in the bottom 2.

Afer watching the FIFA World under 20s World Cup I'd be recruiting from Argentina, some great players over there who in general adapt well to the EPL.

I also watched England's under 20s in comparison, awful, light years away in skill and determination.

we were always going to dip at one age level after all the recent success

24 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

we were always going to dip at one age level after all the recent success

I will bet on Argentina not dipping, there's enough talent to win the next 2 World Cups IM0.

So many players at top clubs in Europe and scores more emerging at home.

Not sure what they are doing right we can't emulate though.

Maybe its youth coaching, they  have Mascherano who has won 147 full caps, ours has none.

Edited by BP1960

27 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I will bet on Argentina not dipping, there's enough talent to win the next 2 World Cups IM0.

So many players at top clubs in Europe and scores more emerging at home.

Not sure what they are doing right we can't emulate though.

Maybe its youth coaching, they  have Mascherano who has won 147 full caps, ours has none.

its the life. theyre cut throat street Footballers, with 1-2 near death experiences under their belt by the time they grow pubes!!

closest weve got are the cages in Slumdon which tbf can be life or death at times, but its a much smaller scale.