In less than a decade ago

5 hours ago, longtimeblue said:

I like the positivity on here in terms of our potential at the moment. For years on this site, people have been saying we're tinpot and destined for sub 4k crowds until eternity. 

think you were confusing us with salford the definition of tinpot 

Luton are due to sell out their 36000 allocation for the play off final plus they have a waiting list for season tickets of about 8000 apparently too. If anything they are completely hampered by Kenilworth Road it's a bigger club than its currently allowed to be.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

In other turnaround news Stockport were in the National League North in 2019 fast forward 4 years and after defeating the Salford "project" they are now a game away from League 1.

be us that soon, they just bottomed out further down than we did.

On 5/17/2023 at 11:28 AM, nzlatic said:

Hopefully this is a solid blueprint for us to follow.

Might have to give the @BPAS episode with the suppoerts trust another listen.

A blueprint to follow????

Hardly spent a penny on facilities in forty years.....shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the prem, even if they win the Wembley showpiece.

Edited by otid

1 hour ago, otid said:

A blueprint to follow????

Hardly spent a penny on facilities in forty years.....shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the prem, even if they win the Wembley showpiece.

When the day comes that you don't get there on pure sporting merit that's the day sport dies.

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

When the day comes that you don't get there on pure sporting merit that's the day sport dies.

Come off it Dave....if they'd spent even half of what (various funders admittedly) Latics have spent on facilities over the period in question, they wouldn't have had the money to spend on their various (and nonetheless impressive) promotion campaigns.

Edited by otid

2 hours ago, otid said:

Come off it Dave....if they'd spent even half of what (various funders admittedly) Latics have spent on facilities over the period in question, they wouldn't have had the money to spend on their various (and nonetheless impressive) promotion campaigns.

weve built one stand.

this post is exactly what the downvote button was for!

6 hours ago, otid said:

They've got a spade in the ground for their new stadium. Sat what you like about greed in the Premier League but at least they haven't pulled the drawbridge up.

Luton’ ground has very little development opportunity and is in a dreadful part of town so really not much point in spending too much money on it, I think they have been focusing on a new stadium development which makes more sense for them…BP is a different situation 

It s a great story if either of them go up

I’ve never been to Kenilworth Rd but just seen the entrance to one of the stands is directly through a row of terraced houses!😂

However, a new 20,000 capacity stadium with 30% safe standing is scheduled to be completed for the start of the 25/26 season.

🤔Whether they will still be in the Premiership by then is anyone’s guess!

It's quite a turnaround not just in their progress on the pitch but also in that they were a universally disliked club due to their hideous chairman when they were successful but they're now everybody's favourite underdog.

I'm pleased for them.  I think it will be hard for them in the greedy league and careful management will be required so that they aren't completely broken when they get relegated. Success from here is probably getting a few seasons in not all being relegation dogfights with a few great results.

The only downer is all the 'just the second* team to go from national league to premier league' comments we will have to listen to in 2030 when we get back to the premier league.

assuming Stockport don't get there before us.

10 hours ago, Lags said:

Let's defo hope we do a Luton. Convinced they'll finish bottom,  but they made it with 5 years prem money to make them contenders. 

read this didnt get it read it again dont get it went away thought about it dont get it came back again dont get it 🤣😉😉😉

better than the olde days ramblings tho and an insight for me as to how l probably appear to the rest of the world when lm making my amazing observations!!

so l'll let you off.

3 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Luton are going to be using MK Dons’ white elephant for a season, surely?

l think they can stay up playing at kenilworth road.

might aswell not bother playing the season if they throw away an advantage like that which helped get them there in the first place.

plenty of reasons to piff in the general direction of the McDons but not sure white elephant stadium fits, theyve always had better crowds than us and we are a reincarnation of an actual real team. in fact basing their home crowds Vs away crowds makes the stadium a raging success, no?

they probably have concerts there and other such money making schemes (l cba to check).

48 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

read this didnt get it read it again dont get it went away thought about it dont get it came back again dont get it 🤣😉😉😉

better than the olde days ramblings tho and an insight for me as to how l probably appear to the rest of the world when lm making my amazing observations!!

so l'll let you off.

So,  one season in the Premier (they will finish bottom) 4 seasons of parachute payments.  5 Premier league monies in all. 

1 minute ago, Lags said:

So,  one season in the Premier (they will finish bottom) 4 seasons of parachute payments.  5 Premier league monies in all. 

that was my top theory! it was the make them contenders part, needed another word like future or something!