Boring....I mean Boreham Wood away

13 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Wasn't it you who said Willoughby did naff all last game?

Oh right we chased him for a year, played him in an unfamiliar role away at the Champions and then he doesn't get a sniff again in the next game when we look absolutely shite going forward, yes let's write him off then.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Oh right we chased him for a year, played him in an unfamiliar role away at the Champions and then he doesn't get a sniff again in the next game when we look absolutely shite going forward, yes let's write him off then.

Unfamiliar role? Playing out wide? You're making that up

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Unfamiliar role? Playing out wide? You're making that up

I've probably seen him play about 20 times, if you want to know where he plays best I can bore you with it, I'll guarantee you won't see the best of him in the role Unsworth played him particularly with the job he was given to do, he looks shot anyway and that's before the seasons got started, he's a confidence player who needs to play week in week out, everything about his signing and the use of him is just weird but whose surprised? From pre season till now you would have thought Unsworth wanted him out, not that he'd pursued him for months and was keen to bring him in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

I've probably seen him play about 20 times, if you want to know where he plays best I can bore you with it, I'll guarantee you won't see the best of him in the role Unsworth played him particularly with the job he was given to do, he looks shot anyway and that's before the seasons got started, he's a confidence player who needs to play week in week out, everything about his signing and the use of him is just weird but whose surprised? From pre season till now you would have thought Unsworth wanted him out, not that he'd pursued him for months and was keen to bring him in.

If you've seen him play 20 times you'll know he is well versed at playing out wide

11 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

tbf to Yardie he can counter that when he played wide for chester it was quite narrow in a front 3 whereas Rhino had him super wide full back in a back 9. he may also level that this isnt quite the same.

so l'll just kneecap that here, by saying it for him.

So a narrow wide?😁

On 8/19/2023 at 1:24 PM, yarddog73 said:

Raglan, Shelton, Sheron haven't found a pass all afternoon.

Willoughby looks out of his depth, Dickenson and Freeman still look way off, Nuttall granted played Norwood in but he has no anticipation or desire (again). 

On the plus side for all their possession and play Chesterfield have been wasteful. 

David Unsworth your football is shite....

You didn't caveat that with he's out if position because you knew he wasn't. 

On 7/22/2023 at 10:46 AM, yarddog73 said:

Shame about the weather, probably put a few off given the lack of cover.

Think we will start out best eleven, hoping to see a front three of Willoughby, Fondop and Reid at some stage.

If we go with four at the back it will be interesting to see who he leaves out at centre half as Hobson/Raglan looked very good the other night and Hogan would be my third choice at the minute. Still no right back so Sutton may get another chance.

Hoping for more goals and entertaining football.

So is that a front 3 with Willoughby in the centre with the other 2, or a front 3 with Willoughby out wide that you hoped to see?

On 6/19/2023 at 11:27 AM, yarddog73 said:

Could of had both for nothing, both can play as a lone man up front as well as off the flank, Willoughby is the natural goalscorer though his finishing is top drawer he just seems to have that half a second more, Linney would/could of fit in with Unsworths philosophy though which I feel goes along the lines of 'hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard' but he does have some questionable behaviour in his back story which could of gone against him, his best games I've seen him in were wide left in a front three or a midfield four which is an area we've been weak in. 

Can play off the flank. Out wide?

Come on @yarddog73

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

🤣

lm not the best at the Unsworth out mental gymnastics, lm a simple man at heart!!!

Have a look at Nuttall last week at Chesterfield and the positions he took up, now you can call it a front 3 if you like but they had all attacking responsibility taken away from them and were asked to defend, we may as well started with one up front and played two more midfielders which would give the side more balance, I thought Nuttall adapted well last week (stick the quote up if you like) but Willoughby struggled, now because there is a shortage of midfielders players like Willoughby are being asked to play in roles they are not comfortable in, likewise Sutton at RWB, Hobson at RB, Shelton in CM, Raglan as a left sided CB who can't use his left foot, Willoughby won't be the only one who we are not seeing the best out of until he plays in his favoured positions. 

50 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

stick the quote up if you like

lno youre angry, youve got an agenda to push and another getting lets sack the gaffer right to show us all about but l dont get you mixed up with others, so stick to stuff l do like to do, yeah?

or l'll start actually doing it 🤣

16 hours ago, deyres42 said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Disagree by all means but to dismiss my comment as laughable is a stretch given Sheridan's CV. It's certainly a damn sight better than the rookie's he got the bullet for and whilst I can accept you're only as good as your last job, it was only last season he had a better start than we have this and with a far lesser squad (which the incumbent subsequently did much worse with) 👍🏼

So yeah, probably not the ideal manager but the evidence suggests he'd be doing better than Rhino and that's irrespective of his rapport with the club 👍🏼 

19 minutes ago, Can Neil Redfearn Do It said:

Disagree by all means but to dismiss my comment as laughable is a stretch given Sheridan's CV. It's certainly a damn sight better than the rookie's he got the bullet for and whilst I can accept you're only as good as your last job, it was only last season he had a better start than we have this and with a far lesser squad (which the incumbent subsequently did much worse with) 👍🏼

So yeah, probably not the ideal manager but the evidence suggests he'd be doing better than Rhino and that's irrespective of his rapport with the club 👍🏼 

Unsworth has never lost 12 out of 14 and probably never will.