Boring....I mean Boreham Wood away

Are there many going on Saturday?

Train strikes again unfortunately will be making it a bit of a slog to get there, plus I can't see it being a classic!

Boreham Wood scored only 22 goals at home last season...only Yeovil scored fewer.

They also had the 2nd lowest goals conceded record with only 19. Only Notts County let in fewer with 12.

I'll be there for my sins but I recon it's got an attritional 1-1 written all over it.

We live in hope....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Dragging my wife and young kids along. And I mean dragging… 4 points and 3 goals they saw in the 5 away games I took them to last season!

3 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Just checked and I did 5 aways without them... 7 points, 10 goals. I apologise in advance to all for ruining tomorrow by bringing the jinxes.

I'm not sure I've ever seen us win a league match when I've been with my daughter🤦‍♂️ (to be fair, she was there when we KO'd Fulham in the FA Cup, and when we won 5-1 at Dorking last season, though I missed that one). Her first ever match was a 4-4 draw with Bristol Rovers, Sep 1997. She was 6 years old and when we went 3-0 up after 24 minutes said to me, is it always like this......

Last match we both attended was the 2-1 home defeat to Carlisle in March 2022 when we missed that bloody penalty and didn't come out for the second half, the beginning of the end.

Think I'd better apologise too for jinxing 😢

• Like 1

On 8/24/2023 at 5:11 PM, yarddog73 said:

We'll batter them..... 0-0

Told you.

Great point against a team we are 18 months behind, think Reid and Willoughby must have tag teamed his Mrs. 

Glad the winning machine went all out for the win, still on for that point a game so we should be okay. 

We sat on two points more after five games last season and had Unsworth in the stand, we're gonna do fuck all with this manager there's nothing surer he is tactically inept. Just did exactly the same as last week against a team playing in front of 700 home fans.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Told you.

Great point against a team we are 18 months behind, think Reid and Willoughby must have tag teamed his Mrs. 

Glad the winning machine went all out for the win, still on for that point a game so we should be okay. 

We sat on two points more after five games last season and had Unsworth in the stand, we're gonna do fuck all with this manager there's nothing surer he is tactically inept. Just did exactly the same as last week against a team playing in front of 700 home fans.

Say what you want about Sheridan but he'd have us motoring with this level of backing, no danger.

• Like 1