Interesting fact of the day!

4 hours ago, Summerdeep said:

^ No doubt you would like to imagine me having a Vesta curry or Smash mashed potatoes....😎

Are Vesta curries still a thing?

All hail evolution...

Here, we get an abomination called Butter Chicken which, apparently is made exclusively for Lily livered Australian palettes.

If I order any indian takeaway, I get the option of Australian hot, mild, medium, or Indian hot.

Whimps.

Edited by L1onheartNew

9 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Oh maybe I'm confused. I thought we both completed it the season before, but they played Harrogate first?

Yeah we did and they would have probably played Harrogate first. But of course when Sutton were promoted there is a new list of 92 and 5 teams were due to complete it that year. Us, Port Vale and Bradford being 3 of the 5. The article mentioned 4 leaving us out but we were the first of the quintet to play Sutton that year.

17 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Yeah we did and they would have probably played Harrogate first. But of course when Sutton were promoted there is a new list of 92 and 5 teams were due to complete it that year. Us, Port Vale and Bradford being 3 of the 5. The article mentioned 4 leaving us out but we were the first of the quintet to play Sutton that year.

Have we played the most domestic teams competitively do you think? Luton maybe another contender.

3 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Have we played the most domestic teams competitively do you think? Luton maybe another contender.

It would be interesting as Notts County probably get into that conversation too.

Essentially you'd need to be a former top flight team who've played non-league in the days of the conference.

So that's us, Notts County, Luton, Oxford, Grimsby and Carlisle. Wigan with their extended history in non-league and a spell in the Premier League and Wimbledon / Franchise might also be contenders.

9 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

It would be interesting as Notts County probably get into that conversation too.

Essentially you'd need to be a former top flight team who've played non-league in the days of the conference.

So that's us, Notts County, Luton, Oxford, Grimsby and Carlisle. Wigan with their extended history in non-league and a spell in the Premier League and Wimbledon / Franchise might also be contenders.

When were Grimsby a top flight club?

2 hours ago, rudemedic said:

I think I have a data source...

It is one of the questions where the answer comes with qualifications isn't it?

Need to define competitive (leaving aside comments about the Ebsfleet game....)

Which competitions count?

League games in the top five leagues- or do we consider previous structures and additional depth?

Is the total from current top five leagues or all time?

FA Cup- obviously in but what about a minnow from outside the range of leagues included above?

Phoenix clubs- do they count separately to their predecessor?

Various non league trophies?

• 3 weeks later...