OASF publish recent supporter survey results

7 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

How dare our supports trust try and raise funds. They were only instrumental in our club being saved. A £1 a month, con artists. 

Wasn't that a requirement to do with the status change rather than a choice?

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Wasn't that a requirement to do with the status change rather than a choice?

How else are they suppose to make money. They have running costs, such as insurance Microsoft and a website which they were signed into before anyone was elected.

being able to read meeting notes should be a privilege for members. 

21 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

How else are they suppose to make money. They have running costs, such as insurance Microsoft and a website which they were signed into before anyone was elected.

Think there are other ways to monetise.

Not a pop at the Foundation itself, just don't think details of meetings with the CEO should be behind paywall.

21 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Think there are other ways to monetise.

Not a pop at the Foundation itself, just don't think details of meetings with the CEO should be behind paywall.

It’s a quid. It’s not to some big corporation, it’s to support the foundation of our club. 

22 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

It’s a quid. It’s not to some big corporation, it’s to support the foundation of our club. 

The money thing isn't really the point. And haven't they got a big pot of money in that 1895 club fund?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

The money thing isn't really the point. And haven't they got a big pot of money in that 1895 club fund?

So why you bringing up a pay wall then ? Your argument is literally about the money. 

34 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

So why you bringing up a pay wall then ? Your argument is literally about the money. 

It isn't. It is about the principle of having to pay to hear what is being discussed with the CEO.

31 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

It isn't. It is about the principle of having to pay to hear what is being discussed with the CEO.

What a shareholder has to say with a CEO. 

There's nothing stopping Darren from updating the fans via other means if he chooses. Two simple and relatively cheap options:

1.) Join the Foundation it's £12/year

2.) Ask the club for a regular update from Darren in the programme. A monthly update would cost more than £12 in buying the programmes.

Edited by rudemedic

48 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

What a shareholder has to say with a CEO. 

There's nothing stopping Darren from updating the fans via other means if he chooses. Two simple and relatively cheap options:

1.) Join the Foundation it's £12/year

2.) Ask the club for a regular update from Darren in the programme. A monthly update would cost more than £12 in buying the programmes.

It's a small football club, not a global corporation. We shouldn't have to pay anything to hear what is being discussed with the CEO.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

It's a small football club, not a global corporation. We shouldn't have to pay anything to hear what is being discussed with the CEO.

You wind me up, no idea why I give you the time of day 😂

8 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

You wind me up, no idea why I give you the time of day 😂

Which bit do you, or anyone else for that matter disagree out of interest? The bit about having to pay to hear the thoughts and decision making of the CEO? No problem if you don't have a problem with it BTW.

45 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Which bit do you, or anyone else for that matter disagree out of interest? The bit about having to pay to hear the thoughts and decision making of the CEO? No problem if you don't have a problem with it BTW.

You are complaining about spending a £. The £ isn’t just to have access to the notes of the CEO, it’s to become a member of the foundation. The foundations sole purpose is to represent its members to our club.

For the foundation to be effective, they have to raise funds and have that monies available, when needed. A small contribution of £1 a month is not much to ask. The people that thankfully volunteer give their time for free. Not everyone has spare time, but I’d like to think we can all spare £1 a month. 

It’s clear the £1 a month membership fee prevents a large portion of the fan base from becoming a member, we clearly saw that when numbers increased during the whole AL / MO era and dropped again once the paid element was re-introduced. 

The foundation are clearly trying to attract people to become a member, for OUR benefit. Meeting notes with the CEO does that, and I’m sure people signed up to become a member to read them. Benefitting the foundation and US fans. 

Unfortunately, you would rather sit and moan about paying a £1. But you moan about everything, it’s quite sad and I’m sorry that’s your personality. I’d like to see you post something positive, what do you like about your club ?

In life, it’s easy to be negative, it’s a lot harder to be positive. It takes time and conscious effort to see the positive in things. I think you should work on trying to be more positive, each day, you’ll feel better for it. 

• Like 1

access to feedback from meetings with the CEO absolutely should not be restricted to paying members. Particular so if the club use the foundation as the principal means of communicating with its paying customers who put significant money in it. 

Edited by AndyB2

1 hour ago, AndyB2 said:

access to feedback from meetings with the CEO absolutely should not be restricted to paying members. Particular so if the club use the foundation as the principal means of communicating with its paying customers who put significant money in it. 

It’s a quid 😂

58 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

It’s a quid 😂

Id love to hear from the ceo of the club I pay 100s into every year. I shouldn’t have to pay extra. No issue with paying for foundation membership

OASF are told often enough they don’t represent all fans. It can’t then also be argued that any conversation they have with the club has to be shared for free with all fans. 

The CEO has met with a shareholder rep who has then updated the other shareholders on what was discussed. 

7 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

OASF are told often enough they don’t represent all fans. It can’t then also be argued that any conversation they have with the club has to be shared for free with all fans. 

The CEO has met with a shareholder rep who has then updated the other shareholders on what was discussed. 

Great but if we aren’t hearing from our CEO because he thinks he has discharged that duty through engagement with the foundation then non members miss out. As fans, we should all expect to hear from the CEO, foundation members or not.

also I don’t understand you opening point at all.

On 3/8/2024 at 8:01 AM, BradKnowles1 said:

Out of interest what are the running costs?, do the subscriptions cover it?.