Who’s getting dumped next season?

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

Simplified a little bit.

Do you think there's a queue of top quality midfielders and right-backs out there just waiting to sign for Oldham Athletic?

We are in Lge5-they will not be top quality (they don't have to be) but there are plenty of competent players out there capable of doing a job and giving this team the balance it lacks at the moment.

50 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

We are in Lge5-they will not be top quality (they don't have to be) but there are plenty of competent players out there capable of doing a job and giving this team the balance it lacks at the moment.

I believe we should be capable of getting better bang for our buck and we can feel aggrieved by the quality of team we have on the back of our spending and size.

However, we are unlikely to see a significantly better calibre of player coming through the door. That’s the reality of league 5. 

12 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

I believe we should be capable of getting better bang for our buck and we can feel aggrieved by the quality of team we have on the back of our spending and size.

However, we are unlikely to see a significantly better calibre of player coming through the door. That’s the reality of league 5. 

Yep, the players are there for our level. 

But two things have happened. 

We’ve signed multiple players in the same position who have offered very little 

Shelton

Ward

Lundy

Dicky

Conlon

Nuttall

Kurt 

Then not recruited in the areas really needed. 

Not one recognised right back/wing back. (Not including Sav as he’s a stop gap) 

No cover for Kitch. 

One winger at the club. (Not including Walker for the same as reason Sav) 

People blame Unsworth but personally I think DR has to take some blame as well. I don’t understand why the club aren’t challenging the incumbent manager and saying- another Midfielder or another striker- really?? 

11 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Yep, the players are there for our level. 

But two things have happened. 

We’ve signed multiple players in the same position who have offered very little 

Shelton

Ward

Lundy

Dicky

Conlon

Nuttall

Kurt 

Then not recruited in the areas really needed. 

Not one recognised right back/wing back. (Not including Sav as he’s a stop gap) 

No cover for Kitch. 

One winger at the club. (Not including Walker for the same as reason Sav) 

People blame Unsworth but personally I think DR has to take some blame as well. I don’t understand why the club aren’t challenging the incumbent manager and saying- another Midfielder or another striker- really?? 

The midfield has been an unmitigated disaster. 

someone needs to be held accountable.