Hammond starts for Wales U21

10 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

Good luck to the lad. Shame he’s missing our league match but great that he’s starting in the U21 qualifier. Not sure if the line up I saw is correct, but it had him starting left in a front three.

Yep. Good to luck him.

As far as we are concerned, he’s a development player in my view. He looks and plays like an enthusiastic boy in a man’s game. Loads of energy, and picks up good pockets of space but if you get knocked off the ball so easily it’s difficult to be effective. 

A summer in the gym, and hopefully he kicks on next season. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up. Just watched the match online.

Oli played central mid, defensive position mainly.

He rescued Wales at one point, using his pace to neutralise a breakaway attack.

Didn't affect the game much otherwise, but didn't do much wrong either.

Worked hard throughout, did his bit for the team, so well done.

Edited by JohnH
Additional detail
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 3/22/2024 at 5:55 PM, League one forever said:

He looks and plays like an enthusiastic boy in a man’s game. Loads of energy, and picks up good pockets of space but if you get knocked off the ball so easily it’s difficult to be effective. 

A summer in the gym, and hopefully he kicks on next season. 

He never shies away from a tackle, despite his size which is an attribute which I like and think we can work with. It's going to be about developing his physical presence but I think we've a decent asset on our hands. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

He never shies away from a tackle, despite his size which is an attribute which I like and think we can work with. It's going to be about developing his physical presence but I think we've a decent asset on our hands. 

I like him because he gives it everything, he does struggle at times but he has heart and that will stand him in good stead once he gets up to speed playing mens football week in week out.

• Like 3