Latics in north east

Guest 7heaven

Guest 7heaven

For our fans down south have OASIS, which is excellent for them and I think we should have more groups like this, where there are quite a few latics in areas of a decent distance away from Boundary Park.

Maybe there is a coach where Latics fans come down from up here to get to BP, please let me know.And if there isn't we should do something about it.

So how many Latics are up here?

cheers.

For our fans down south have OASIS, which is excellent for them and I think we should have more groups like this, where there are quite a few latics in areas of a decent distance away from Boundary Park.

Maybe there is a coach where Latics fans come down from up here to get to BP, please let me know.And if there isn't we should do something about it.

cheers.

OASIS is a worldwide phenomenon, not just a Southern thing. There are quite a few up in the NE/Scotland though, no doubt they'll make themselves known.

All Exiles can play for the OASIS time on the 25th :deal2:

Guest 7heaven
OASIS is a worldwide phenomenon, not just a Southern thing. There are quite a few up in the NE/Scotland though, no doubt they'll make themselves known.

I'll have a look through the OASIS section, hopefully they'll be one fairly close to here, cheers for

your help.

What's this about the OASIS team on the 25th?

I would be happy to play mind, please can you tell me more about this.

Guest 7heaven

I'm interested to know about groups of Latics fans in the north east, of how they get to the matches.

Is there a mini-bus/ coach to home and/or away games for us up here, as other Latics in other areas do?

Please let me know more about this.

Cheers

I'll have a look through the OASIS section, hopefully they'll be one fairly close to here, cheers for

your help.

We're giving the local boys a good shoeing on the Clayton before the Bristol Rovers game. 1PM, 25 mins each way, shower, beer, into the match. We have a full team but more would be good, at least a full half for everyone.

If you can catch that would be especially good.

Long story my friend - literally, it is! take a look OWTB Vs OASIS

Basically, OWTB (Greater Manchester OWTB Members) are playing OASIS (OWTB members from anywhere else!) in a footie match before the Brizzle Rovers game.... if you can make it it would be great to have you along...!

P.S - have you actually kicked a ball in anger in the last 5 years??? If so we defo need you!

Ye i've played ever since i can remember and still do.

How many players have OASIS got at the moment?

Doeesnt matter! If you are fit, young and can play you are in! Everyone will get a game mate....

Lees - Btw - I'll go in Nets for a half, but will prob wanna show off my silky skills (Thuggish yobbery) for at least a half! (basically just wanna clatter S_W)

cheers.

There are quite a few of us up here. I live in Darlington; OldhamSheridan in Durham; Budapest_Blue and Geordie_Blue in Newcastle; Jorvik_Latic in York and c_ogden_99 in Osmotherley. There are a few others as well but that's all I can remember at the moment off the top of my head.

We did think about starting something up with our Scottish Supporters (Oldham InSANE) but as LL has pointed out, OASIS is for every exile wherever they may reside.

I've got a Season Ticket and also go to most away matches so if you ever need a lift, then let me know. I'm going on the train to Carlisle though.

It's one thing for all non-Oldhamers to be playing for the Exiles against the Oldhamers, but it's going a bit far to say OASIS (Oldham Athletic Suppporters In The South) is not just a Southern thing! It would have to change its name for that to be the case. :who:

It's one thing for all non-Oldhamers to be playing for the Exiles against the Oldhamers, but it's going a bit far to say OASIS (Oldham Athletic Suppporters In The South) is not just a Southern thing! It would have to change its name for that to be the case. :who:

Its not just a southern thing!!!!!! Initally the body of it was formed from supporters living in the south but now as spread its wings country wide. It celebtrates 21 years this year!

There are quite a few of us up here. I live in Darlington; OldhamSheridan in Durham; Budapest_Blue and Geordie_Blue in Newcastle; Jorvik_Latic in York and c_ogden_99 in Osmotherley. There are a few others as well but that's all I can remember at the moment off the top of my head.

We did think about starting something up with our Scottish Supporters (Oldham InSANE) but as LL has pointed out, OASIS is for every exile wherever they may reside.

I've got a Season Ticket and also go to most away matches so if you ever need a lift, then let me know. I'm going on the train to Carlisle though.

There was a thread a while back with everyone's location. I've had a look for it, but can't find it. It may be worthwhile bumping it up for all the new members?

Guest 7heaven

There seems to be a good few of us up here then, why don't we do something about joining Oldham InSANE?

Or make our own, as i don't live to far away from darlington, and we could pick others up on the way, if it started at newcastle and then worked down from there.

There was a thread a while back with everyone's location. I've had a look for it, but can't find it. It may be worthwhile bumping it up for all the new members?

Yeah, I had a search for it yesterday too.

There's also Switters to add to the NE, well he puts down Middlesbrough and Newcastle as where he is. I'm not sure whether that means he's in Sunderland/Hartlepool or what though?

I think the biggest problem is that we all have our own routines (drop in and see the parents, etc) that match days haven't seemed to take off.

Away games seem a plan, but again many stop overnight at friends/relatives.

Might be worth broaching the subject before each game to see who's doing what though?

Guest 7heaven
Yeah, I had a search for it yesterday too.

There's also Switters to add to the NE, well he puts down Middlesbrough and Newcastle as where he is. I'm not sure whether that means he's in Sunderland/Hartlepool or what though?

I think the biggest problem is that we all have our own routines (drop in and see the parents, etc) that match days haven't seemed to take off.

Away games seem a plan, but again many stop overnight at friends/relatives.

Might be worth broaching the subject before each game to see who's doing what though?

Ye, we could, i live in stockton-on-tees, and would be coming down with 1 or 2 others.If we were to get a mini-bus it would be well cheaper than trains, for example, Burnley in the cup will cost about 35 quid on the train.On a mini-bus we'd probably be paying about 15 quid each.

I'm a bit busy at the moment with my lads stopping but when I get chance, I'll look at setting something up. I'm travelling up to Carlisle with Markoasis and I know he is looking to formalise things in the North East/ Scotland with regard to a Supporter's Club type thingy.

Would be good if we can get something proper arranged but as OS says, away matches woud probably be better because of the relative visiting etc back in Oldham.

I'll try again to find the thread with people's locations.

...and with regards Carlisle, if anyone wants a lift from J62* of the A1(M), I'll be off from there at approximately midday.

So long as you whallop it on here today I'll be able to check and make arrangements.

*There is free 'parking' just off J62 so that wouldn't cost anything.

Guest 7heaven
I'm a bit busy at the moment with my lads stopping but when I get chance, I'll look at setting something up. I'm travelling up to Carlisle with Markoasis and I know he is looking to formalise things in the North East/ Scotland with regard to a Supporter's Club type thingy.

Would be good if we can get something proper arranged but as OS says, away matches woud probably be better because of the relative visiting etc back in Oldham.

I'll try again to find the thread with people's locations.

Cheers, ye lets hope we can get something done with this, i never knew there was so many of us up here!

I'm afraid the thread was lost - I'll resurrect it if the consensus is that it would be worthwhile though.

• 4 weeks later...
As a new member who is a resident of Durham i'd thought i'd better add my name to this list. Shared transport, especially for the away games, seems like a good idea even if its a case of meeting up for a particular train.

It would be good to meet up at some stage.

OldhamSheridan lives near Durham (Pittington I think) and we occasionally meet up at Newton Aycliffe McDonald's (just off Junction 59 of the A1) and car share from there. Maybe we could get something sorted for the Walsall game and maybe Cheltenham for one further afield.

By Golly, the team may as well quit Boundary Park and move to Ferens Park such is the swell of North East fans...

I reckon the next trip for me will be Walsall, so am up for car-share as per norm to help keep the funds up.

I may even stick a bet on Walsall to win 3-0. :shock:

Edited by OldhamSheridan