Goal Song?

laticsrblue

Goal Song?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a goal song blasted out over the PA every time we score?

• Yes, I want the crowd noise drowned out when we score.
    • No I dont want a goal song, I'd rather hear the crowd roar.

Do you think that this is a generation thing? There must be a lot of young(ish) Latics/football fans who can't remember a time when music wasn't played after a goal had been scored.

In the old days (late sixties, early seventies) goals used to be greeted in two ways :

For - A chant of, "It's all gone quiet over there."

Against - A chant of, "You're gonna get your f$%kin' 'eads kicked in."*

Now, at the risk of sounding like an old fuddy,duddy, I can't stand this trend for music being played after a goal is scored. It's yet another example of the true atmosphere being sucked out of the game.

* I'm not condoning football violence. It's just a wry observation.

Do you think that this is a generation thing? There must be a lot of young(ish) Latics/football fans who can't remember a time when music wasn't played after a goal had been scored.

In the old days (late sixties, early seventies) goals used to be greeted in two ways :

For - A chant of, "It's all gone quiet over there."

Against - A chant of, "You're gonna get your f$%kin' 'eads kicked in."*

Now, at the risk of sounding like an old fuddy,duddy, I can't stand this trend for music being played after a goal is scored. It's yet another example of the true atmosphere being sucked out of the game.

* I'm not condoning football violence. It's just a wry observation.

Ah the good old days, no mad drumers no tin pot bands! just the sound of passionate fans :applause1::dance::bounce: hell can even remember when you used your empty beer tin to pee in :lol::grin::wink:

i prefferred last seasons chant when we scored of soccer am's EASY EASY! screw the music! yank games do that and were a better class of sport than baseball or yank football

that easy chant is awful, just sounds crap and girly :S it wouldnt be half as bad if people did it properly but they do it really quick and this results in looking like sea lions... i prefer music to that lol

I kind of see is being "told" what to sing/clap along to after a goal. I prefer to hear the punters going mental. However, when we're away and the other lot score, it does feel like they're taunting you with it (think about every time Vale score past us as that dump of a ground). Maybe just stick it on in the away section to pee 'em off and leave us with the crowd noise.

Ah the good old days, no mad drumers no tin pot bands! just the sound of passionate fans :applause1::dance::bounce: hell can even remember when you used your empty beer tin to pee in :lol::grin::wink:

My uncle told me that in the days of 47,000 at BP, it was impossible to get to the urinal and it was normal to use the pocket of the bloke standing next to you! :ohno:

The poll is almost even at the moment.

Another reason that I'm against them was highlighted by 26black, I just don't like to feel that I'm being manipulated into singing the company song, even if iys OAAFC Ltd.

It feels too much like the organised fun in Japan or Korea.

And maybe it's because I was around in the free thinking 60s and 70s and hate conforming.

Another reason that I'm against them was highlighted by 26black, I just don't like to feel that I'm being manipulated into singing the company song, even if iys OAAFC Ltd.

Know what you mean, but unfortunately there are many who long for the return of the scoreboard to advise them when to make some noise and to spell out the words of the 'company song'.

When Scotland scored on Saturday they sang their version of that "I'm gunna be 500 miles" instead of the line "to fall down at your door" they sang "to see the Scotland score" which I thought was good, apparantly they've been doing it for years though

Tommy, WTF you doing watching the Jocks? Absolutely gutted they won...TWICE this weekend/midweek. All of a sudden they think they're World Class, simply because they have beaten a vastly over rated French side.

As for whoever suggested the 'EASY, EASY' chant. The fact this was sung when (a) we pulled a goal back to equalise or (b.) went 1 goal in front made the song sound stupid & 100% irrelevant. The chant should only have ever been used if a team was being battered (EG NYD when we beat Forest 5-0). However, I personally prefer the more offensive version of "THIS IS SO F***ING EASY, OH THIS IS SO F***ING EASY!" or "YOUR SO S**T ITS UNBELIEVABLE" or "ARE YOU CITY, ARE YOU CITY, ARE YOU CITY IN DISGUISE? ARE YOU CITY IN DISGUISE?"

Glad the Easy chant has died off this year and hope it never returns.

Edited by Latics4Ever

Tommy, WTF you doing watching the Jocks? Absolutely gutted they won...TWICE this weekend/midweek. All of a sudden they think they're World Class, simply because they have beaten a vastly over rated French side.

As for whoever suggested the 'EASY, EASY' chant. The fact this was sung when (a) we pulled a goal back to equalise or (B) went 1 goal in front made the song sound stupid & 100% irrelevant. The chant should only have ever been used if a team was being battered (EG NYD when we beat Forest 5-0). However, I personally prefer the more offensive version of "THIS IS SO F***ING EASY, OH THIS IS SO F***ING EASY!" or "YOUR SO S**T ITS UNBELIEVABLE" or "ARE YOU CITY, ARE YOU CITY, ARE YOU CITY IN DISGUISE? ARE YOU CITY IN DISGUISE?"

Glad the Easy chant has died off this year and hope it never returns.

here here, the easy chant is :sign0003: