Huddersfield next week

Guest oa_exile
Not sure if I can be bothered with this one.

............ says the man who went to Cheltenham :wink: and now cant be bothered for a small trip over the moors :huh:

Strange but true ? :shock:

..where is everyone meeting up for a pint before the game?

The link is an excellent independent Yeovil Town site about Huddersfield. The pubs are desciribed and I can recommend the Gas Sports & Social Club. There's a small entrance fee - visiting fans welcome, reasonably priced drinks, food, big screen TV. It's not situated where shown by the circle on the map - it's in Gasworks Street, opposite Stadium Way. If you get there early you should be able to park on a pay car park up the side of the Gas Club.

http://www.ciderspace.co.uk/ASP/opposition/huddersfield.asp

The link is an excellent independent Yeovil Town site about Huddersfield. The pubs are desciribed and I can recommend the Gas Sports & Social Club. There's a small entrance fee - visiting fans welcome, reasonably priced drinks, food, big screen TV. It's not situated where shown by the circle on the map - it's in Gasworks Street, opposite Stadium Way. If you get there early you should be able to park on a pay car park up the side of the Gas Club.

http://www.ciderspace.co.uk/ASP/opposition/huddersfield.asp

Gas sports and social club it is then, cheers Diego.

Anyone watching the game on Sky today?

Chance to see Wellens and Mr Beckett .. aswell as Stitch.

A very interesting game... for lots of reasons...

Firstly, Huddersfield were awful... if people are complaining we lack imagination then have a look at them... good god, they were poor... but they are a vastly different team at home than away... on this showing however we should eb going there for a very confident three points, any team that can lose 4-0 at walsall are there for the taking... from how they played today, basically, if you keep cadermarteri quiet.. then they have absolutely nothing... and thier defence looked inexperienced, nervous, and bloody rubbish.... and if they are not playing schofield in thier first 11 hat is a massive bonus....

Secondly... wellens was brilliant.... it was strange as he put ina virtually identical performance to what he did at huddersfield away last season... he was involved in everything, dynamic, really cheeky at times, and generally took the proverbial... he was shooting from everywhere, picking out incredible passes, and also beating players and getting behind the defence... he was quite rightly MOM by a distance (but he had a point to prove... we all know he only really plays in big games..)... I mention this for a couple of reasons... firstly, I think there is no way he will be leaving donny.. that was him proving himself... and secondly. that is exactly the performance we need from Kilkenny, not just next week, but week in week out.... KK can be better than him, but I am still waiting to see him beat players and get that cheeky swagger back....

If I was shez I would sit KK down and show him the vide from that game... lord knows i'm not saying he should copy Wellens, he is his own player... but he should be having the same impact on games that Richie did in that one.... if he does not only will we romp to victory next saturday a la last year, but irrespective of what the rest of the team does we will be up there in the league....

Now then KK... can you do better??? and for me... 3 points there for the taking next weekend... but probably the stitch curse will resume once more!

Guest oa_exile
Who's going to the game next week? and where is everyone meeting up for a pint before the game?

>>football ground guide<<

Where To Drink ?

The ground is walkable from the town centre, albeit a long one! (20 minutes). Robert Smith recommends the Peacock, Rickys Bar and the Bradley Mills Working Mens Club. They are all located on Leeds Road, about five-ten minutes walk from the Stadium. There is also a cinema and entertainment complex behind the North Stand, where there is the Rope Walk pub. However on my last visit all of the above bars were not allowing in away fans, although I did manage to get into the Rope Walk Pub (I was not wearing colours), where I enjoyed an excellent pint. Dougie Hames recommends the Gas Club on Gasworks Street; 'all fans and families are welcome. Bass beers, food available and you can also park in the patrolled club car park at a cost of £2. The club is easy to find as it is right by the large gas holder'. Otherwise alcohol is served in the away end.

A very interesting game... for lots of reasons...

Firstly, Huddersfield were awful... if people are complaining we lack imagination then have a look at them... good god, they were poor... but they are a vastly different team at home than away... on this showing however we should eb going there for a very confident three points, any team that can lose 4-0 at walsall are there for the taking... from how they played today, basically, if you keep cadermarteri quiet.. then they have absolutely nothing... and thier defence looked inexperienced, nervous, and bloody rubbish.... and if they are not playing schofield in thier first 11 hat is a massive bonus....

Secondly... wellens was brilliant.... it was strange as he put ina virtually identical performance to what he did at huddersfield away last season... he was involved in everything, dynamic, really cheeky at times, and generally took the proverbial... he was shooting from everywhere, picking out incredible passes, and also beating players and getting behind the defence... he was quite rightly MOM by a distance (but he had a point to prove... we all know he only really plays in big games..)... I mention this for a couple of reasons... firstly, I think there is no way he will be leaving donny.. that was him proving himself... and secondly. that is exactly the performance we need from Kilkenny, not just next week, but week in week out.... KK can be better than him, but I am still waiting to see him beat players and get that cheeky swagger back....

If I was shez I would sit KK down and show him the vide from that game... lord knows i'm not saying he should copy Wellens, he is his own player... but he should be having the same impact on games that Richie did in that one.... if he does not only will we romp to victory next saturday a la last year, but irrespective of what the rest of the team does we will be up there in the league....

Now then KK... can you do better??? and for me... 3 points there for the taking next weekend... but probably the stitch curse will resume once more!

thanks for that report bigfin, nice to see folk talking about the football rather than beer.

There also seems to be a lot of discontent between the club and fans at the moment, just take a look at their rivals site, we should hopefully make things worse next saturday :)

>>Discontent<<

There about as confident as Senor Coconut on their forums, lets hope we give them nothing to cheer on Saturday

I have been to the ground a few times but never into the town - is it worth a look, for shopping and eating, or should I call in at Meadowhall, Sheffield on the way up the M1.

Also, is anyone else collecting tickets from the Huddersfield ticket office - the money has come out of my bank for it, so hope it is there!

I have been to the ground a few times but never into the town - is it worth a look, for shopping and eating, or should I call in at Meadowhall, Sheffield on the way up the M1.

Also, is anyone else collecting tickets from the Huddersfield ticket office - the money has come out of my bank for it, so hope it is there!

I was born and brought up in Huddersfield, it's an reasonable shopping centre - better than Oldham but obviously doesn't have the same choice as Meadowhell! Plenty of decent eating places and drinking holes but be aware Udders fans can and are arses, I should know I had to put up with them in school!

If you do go to Meadowhell, come off at Junction 35A and follow the signs for Udders. Be aware though that they have speed / distance cameras on the Stocksbridge by-pass. I should know I got caught on there 3yrs ago. Go no faster than 60mph!

Latics fans coming from Oldham should call into the riverhead brewery in the centre of Marsden if you like real ale and a decent pub - it's right by the river funnily enough. There is also the Sairs Inn in Linthwaite which is a spit and sawdust pub but another real ale boozer. Both are not far off the beaten track.

Gas Club is nicely located for the ground, BUT get in there early as when I've been it's got very busy by 2pm. Ten deep at the bar.

Personally, I prefer the town centre. Ok, so it's a good 15 minute walk from the centre to the ground, but there's plenty of boozers to choose from and most are fairly quiet - can't be doing with standing at the bar for 20 mins. The Gas Club reminds me of the Bradford Arms last year.

Are the trains from Rochdale and Greenfield running next week? Someone told me they'd been cancelled due to the game but I've not seen it mentioned on here anywhere?

Can't see them cancelling scheduled services. Railways arn't in the business of deliberately losing money.

Trains aren't running from greenfield cos of engineering works. I believe it's going on for a week or so. There is however a rail replacement bus to marsden (the next stop) and a train from there. It won't take too much longer. That's what i'll be doing.

That's what I thought! I think it's because they stopped the Greenfield line one time but I'm sure that was due to them doing some work on the line, not Police advice as I've been told this time round! Sounds line a "tall story" to me. Train from Rochdale it is then!

Fuzzy cat ! - That you my friend ?