Last one to post wins

singe

I've done pretty much the same thing. It just dawned on me ever so gradually that it was still dark outside while I was taking a shower. I went back to bed still far enough asleep that I wasn't sure if I'd dreamt it, but I smelt freshly showered so I know it happened.

PS Stipey, could you stick a tenner on 1-1 with Porter first scorer against Uddy? Cheers.

Like I said IM I was thur all h/t, Mrs S and former JK'er DaveWit are my witnesses, put yer gigs on next time :)

I'd like to oblige LL, but alas I am not a time lord. Last night I awoke at 2.11, did a double take on the clock and went for a piddle. As an aside is it just me, had a couple of baked spuds for tea they always seem to make me pish like mad, are potatoes a dir,dyur, dire, one of them thing that make you pee? Anyways got back in bed, did another double take 2.13. Randomly woke up again later and its 1.58, 'kin 'ell its happened again, I shut me eyes and dozed off. When I came around again it said 11.08, huh?????, looked at me watch it was just after 6, so its me alarm clock thats knacked. Bugger I've been soooooooooo looking forward to getting me hands on one of them sonic screwdrivers :blink:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D'yer mean gegs? :wink:

No I mean gigs, don't you frickin well start it was bad enough wi LaticNik.

Since I was old enough to remember anything specs have always been refered to as gigs in my family. Me Ma has 6 brothers and sisters, they orignate from the Cheetham area of M/c and have nowt to do wi Yorkies (gigs is listed on wikipedia as Yorkie slang for glasses), me Gran born around 1910 refered to them as such , so as far as I'm concerned they are gigs and if you don't like it, TOUGH :angry::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No I mean gigs, don't you frickin well start it was bad enough wi LaticNik.

Since I was old enough to remember anything specs have always been refered to as gigs in my family. Me Ma has 6 brothers and sisters, they orignate from the Cheetham area of M/c and have nowt to do wi Yorkies (gigs is listed on wikipedia as Yorkie slang for glasses), me Gran born around 1910 refered to them as such , so as far as I'm concerned they are gigs and if you don't like it, TOUGH :angry::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I call mine goggles, mainly because thats what i call them!

I've seen your glasses mate! More like Milk Bottle ends! :lol:

Only jokin mate! Far too stylish for me - why i wera contacts - I have no taste :disappointed:

I couldnt do contacts, the idea of something going near my eye.

My boss has funnily enough picked some up this morning, and he came in and his eyes are red raw, from trying to get them in!

I couldnt do contacts, the idea of something going near my eye.

My boss has funnily enough picked some up this morning, and he came in and his eyes are red raw, from trying to get them in!

I haven't got any new contact lenses for about 6 years, I didn't wear them for ages after I got a bad eye injury (although it healed fully), still got a few sets lurking in spite of the fact that on the now rare occasion when I wear them to go out I usually just throw them down the toilet rather thean clean them.

3rd favourite contact lense event - picking one out of a pile of thick black mud on a football swamp, spitting on it and jamming it back into my eye

2nd favourite - spending half an hour trying to take one of them out, when I already had done

All time winner - realising that the competent, efficient and helpfull staff at Vision Express, a shop I would recommend to anyone wanting a truely delightfull series of retail experiences extending over a number of years, had given me a bottle of bleach instead of the all in one stuff that I had meant to use to wet the lens before putting it in.

I haven't got any new contact lenses for about 6 years, I didn't wear them for ages after I got a bad eye injury (although it healed fully), still got a few sets lurking in spite of the fact that on the now rare occasion when I wear them to go out I usually just throw them down the toilet rather thean clean them.

3rd favourite contact lense event - picking one out of a pile of thick black mud on a football swamp, spitting on it and jamming it back into my eye

2nd favourite - spending half an hour trying to take one of them out, when I already had done

All time winner - realising that the competent, efficient and helpfull staff at Vision Express, a shop I would recommend to anyone wanting a truely delightfull series of retail experiences extending over a number of years, had given me a bottle of bleach instead of the all in one stuff that I had meant to use to wet the lens before putting it in.

I've worn contacts for five years now. Got 'em as I couldn't stand the sweat around my nose with glasses during the summer or the sudden steaming up when leaving the cold during winter.

Granted, there have been many a time I forgot to take them out (mainly when drunk), many a time when I've done the old try and take 'em out when they already are a la LL's 2nd favourite (again, when drunk) and the take 'em out and manage to split them whilst putting them in their case (when sober and drunk).

Still, very pleased I got them.

Oh, Stipey, did you get my email?

Oh, Stipey, did you get my email?

Yes, oh sheet, so sorry, mailed you back :blush: I am a moron. :blink:

Don't fancy contacts meself, besides I only need me gigs fer fottie and the like really, makes the far end of the pitch sharper, never really wear them any other time.

Yes, oh sheet, so sorry, mailed you back :blush: I am a moron. :blink:

Don't fancy contacts meself, besides I only need me gigs fer fottie and the like really, makes the far end of the pitch sharper, never really wear them any other time.

No worries, I shall reply to straight away :wink:

Guest gillianfn

On the subject of glasses, I have worn them since I was about 14, used lenses since being in my early 30s. I was warned when I first got lenses that I may only get about 10 years out of them as with some people, eyes can start to reject them after many years of use. Couple of years back I developed a really bad eye infection and have never been able to use them since. Recently my prescription went down slightly so I have now decided that I no longer need them and only wear them for football and sometimes for driving! If it is sunny I wear my sunglasses for driving and balls to it. But worry not, the standard of me driving with my glasses off, is still far superior than the very low standard of some road users who do wear them! B)

And on LL's topic of backward things to do whilst wearing lenses - I once went to the dentist and he told me I needed to have a wisdom tooth taken out. I thought "Aye and you can go and take a damned good fck to yourself" but smiled sweetly and said "Oh ok, I'll make an appointment then shall I?" With no intention of ever darkening his door again. "No it's ok" he says, "It will only take me 20 minutes to do the injections and get the tooth out" I was so severely traumatised that I went immediately to bed when I got home, slept all night with my lenses in and woke up in the morning, convinced a miracle had taken place because I could see. Yep, I'm a fool.

Edited by gillianfn

Guest sheridans_world

I was going to attempt to be really witty and count the number of times someone has posted 'i won' and the number of times 'no you didnt' has been posted but i got bored on page 4

No.

Back on to the topic of contact Lenses. I have worn them since I was 9... got special treatment as in them days they wouldnt let them near kids... but I was a 'keeper and they let me have em, as a blind keeper is about as useless as Chris Day. This led me to the dizzy heights of eventually playing for Mossley :unsure: before i deceided to get an education...

anyway - back to lenses - think i have pretty much been in every situation possible with them.... most annoying, definitely losing one half way through a latics match... :angry: most dangerous, losing one whilst at work in sheffield - then having to drive over snakes pass with sight in just 1 eye and not being able to judge distance :shock: most satisfying and strange... every time you wake up after a big night, and something just feels a bit odd... it take you a few moments to realise you can actually see and have been so hammered you have forgotten to take them out - always the sign of a good night, but not so much fun when you have to peel them off our eyeball ... :blink: Have done that 2 days on the bounce before....

Guest sheridans_world
creative, creativity

Please do not offend me in such a way!

Is anyone on facebook by the way? If so, have you joined the Oldham Athletic group????

Whats that?

Ohhhhhh SW that contact lens picture gives me the creeps, hate stuff to do with eyes. Can watch stuff on the telly about operations no problem but when they start messing with eyes no way. My Dad had cataracts, hes had both eyes done and can see miles better now, no way will I let him explain what they did though :)

Like myspace but more fun... may not have reached up't north yet!!!

www.facebook.com - or drop me a personal with ya e-mail address, ill send you an invite.... its something else to waste your day....

I like this eyes thread... freaks some people out but they stop me from walking into things...