The Decision Day Thread

No I dont agree.... I have seen developments given the go ahead with more things being wong. Access and scale ??? Perfectic excuesses IMO.....rejected on a technicality.....what a joke....

the application the club was making were for an outline planning permission limited to at this stage access and scale, with a detailed plan to follow

the access and scale application the club made was incorrect and rejected...how can that be the councils fault

is it your tutors fault if you turn up for a spanish exam and write in french??

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the application the club was making were for an outline planning permission limited to at this stage access and scale, with a detailed plan to follow

the access and scale application the club made was incorrect and rejected...how can that be the councils fault

EXACTLY!!!!! OUTLINE PLANNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The council could of past the OUTLINE plan making suggestions that the full plan should be scaled down. Rejection was a very harsh response. Like I said, other developments have been passed with far more issues. Sums up the council.

they will get the go-ahead ,as one of thse idiots is a oldham rugby fan (one of the councillers wore a Roughyeds shirt :angry:

how do you know he voted against the latics one???

dont get this rugby v football thing if you ask rugby fans they would say the council has a biase towards latics, its the tools running this town that are shafting us, what we need more than ever is unity any fan of professional sport in this town should be banging the doors down in the civic centre right now, personally i fancy throwing a few bricks through the windows now!!!!

The traffic report was only 'deemed' to be wrong. Who can say whether such a report is going to be correct? In terms of scale, I think the application was flawed. Simon was indicating that there may be possible compromises but wouldn't say by how much things could be reduced. He asked that the outline permission be granted and then further dialogue take place. How could anyone reasonably agree to that?

What :censored: news. Hopefully TTA will stick around and appeal, but I guess we'll have to see.

May I take this opportunity to remind you all that if they do bugger off, then the Trust could again come to the forefront, and indeed play a crucial role in the future of OAFC. If you're not already a member, you can join at http://www.keep-the-faith.co.uk - £5/year.

It's our AGM soon too, so if you want to get further involved, now's a great time. We're always looking for enthusiastic, motivated directors - even if you feel you don't have anything to offer - you're probably wrong!

Is this the same trust with a fan on the board....Barry Owen....aka Barry I dont repersent the fans at all......

Whats the trust going to achieve ?? The clubs leaking more money than trust could ever cover! What we going to do fi the 3As leave ? Hope a good set of people take us over, try to develope the ground, creating off the field business ...oh ....we already have that......Rot in hell Oldham Council.....

i have just spoken to my mate on the phone and he says that there somebody high up at latics sed corney n his pals are going to leave us. ive read some posts on this thread it is not the only comment about this. i think were up :censored:creek

There was a lot being said in the immediate aftermath, including that the TTA will walk away. Hopefully, in the cold light of day, things will be different.

EXACTLY!!!!! OUTLINE PLANNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The council could of past the OUTLINE plan making suggestions that the full plan should be scaled down. Rejection was a very harsh response. Like I said, other developments have been passed with far more issues. Sums up the council.

i dont know if you are letting your hatred of the council cloud your replies mate

the club put together a access and scale application which was always going to be rejected, it will go back the is will be dotted and the ts will be crossed and a outline plan covering the whole scheme will be submitted, since the size of the project has been modified to make it more appeasable to the residents in the surrounding area, and the access issues have been cleared up, then there will be no reason to object the outline plan, following on this then a detailed plan will be issued, with colour choices and the like...

the council only rejected it because the client hadnt provided sufficient information for it to pass, and the main concern was the volume of traffic which the report the client issued was incorrect

if the traffic and the scale of the project had been correct then the outline plan for access and scale would be accepted ready to make a full outline planning permission submission

The traffic report was only 'deemed' to be wrong. Who can say whether such a report is going to be correct? In terms of scale, I think the application was flawed. Simon was indicating that there may be possible compromises but wouldn't say by how much things could be reduced. He asked that the outline permission be granted and then further dialogue take place. How could anyone reasonably agree to that?

i think because of the interest this project has they didnt want anything in the report to be deemed to be right or wrong..they wanted facts something we didnt deliver

Is this the same trust with a fan on the board....Barry Owen....aka Barry I dont repersent the fans at all......

Whats the trust going to achieve ?? The clubs leaking more money than trust could ever cover! What we going to do fi the 3As leave ? Hope a good set of people take us over, try to develope the ground, creating off the field business ...oh ....we already have that......Rot in hell Oldham Council.....

Disgusted with it all, them tossers cant see past their fat arses

i think because of the interest this project has they didnt want anything in the report to be deemed to be right or wrong..they wanted facts something we didnt deliver

It is impossible to be factual on a traffic report. You can study the roads and then feed data in relevant to the extra number of cars that a development will bring but you cannot say with absolute certainty what will happen. If the correct information was passed to Mr Harrison then the report must be accepted. if incorrect information was passed then any revised report could look far worse and be sufficient to see a rejection anyway.

It is impossible to be factual on a traffic report. You can study the roads and then feed data in relevant to the extra number of cars that a development will bring but you cannot say with absolute certainty what will happen. If the correct information was passed to Mr Harrison then the report must be accepted. if incorrect information was passed then any revised report could look far worse and be sufficient to see a rejection anyway.

i know what you mean

but there was a glaring area which concerned everyone...coupled with the fact this project is the last one up so has to suffer the additional developments traffic management was always going to be a stickler

Guest sheridans_world
FACT stands this was for OUTLINE planning and I havent seen a reason strong enough which supports a rejection and the 3As seem to agree with me from the commets on the offical site. A sad day for Oldham....

Mate, this has happened. The reasons cited are there, traffic management, the size of the site and the type of development for the dwellings.

After originally hearing WITH MY OWN EARS that Simon Corney is 'chucking in the towel' which alone is not enough, i have since been convinced that there are a few other paths that TTA can follow before this happens.

If you don't like the way the Trust is run oafc0000, why not stand for election and help make changes?

Inclined to agree Chickers, the club did seem underprepared in their representations. Don't think the traffic issues helped. The scale has to be reduced and the traffic figures need to be far more accurate for the appeal/subsequent submissions.

It's still disgusting how this town is being allowed to go down the swanny by the bureaucrats though. No cinema, no bowling facilities etc.

I fear that if the TTA do walk away though, that's the end of professional football in this town.

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/...1168233,00.html

dont think i was this upset when moore went walkies...

You must bear in mind that Stu will have written this in the immediate aftermath of the decision. I spoke to him in the car park afterwards and he fears that he will be out of work very shortly. Like I said above, in the cold light of day, hopefully things will be different.

I admire your optimism chickers, but having just spoken to someone who was there who has 40 years experience in planning matters, and then read the club's immediate response on the official site, I'm afraid I am totally pessimistic.

I genuinely fear this could be the proverbial straw that breaks the camel's back as far as TTA are concerned. (Our appalling attendances this season being another major factor.)

Get ready for bottom tier football at best, and oblivion at worst.

Inclined to agree Chickers, the club did seem underprepared in their representations. Don't think the traffic issues helped. The scale has to be reduced and the traffic figures need to be far more accurate for the appeal/subsequent submissions.

It's still disgusting how this town is being allowed to go down the swanny by the bureaucrats though. No cinema, no bowling facilities etc.

I fear that if the TTA do walk away though, that's the end of professional football in this town.

even in a project i had to do for uni i had to know the resalable assets within my development so i could commit to being able to commit to the development

Someone at FWP will be getting there aris kicked tomorrow