Life and Death

Bill Shankly's often misquoted words are:

'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.

I'm very disappointed with that attitude.

I can assure you it is much, much more important than that'.

I have kept telling people that the news immediately following last Wednesday's Planning Committee meeting, that TTA were giving up and that was effectively the end of the Club as we know it, was like hearing that someone close was on a life support system, waiting for it to be switched off. Thankfully, things look a lot more rosy now.

I have received the bad news that my Uncle died in Oldham this morning. My Aunt said that she managed to read to him my letter in Friday's Chron before he died, which has reduced me to tears!

I said what we're doing on OWTB pales into insignificance by comparison, but she is fully behind the campaign.

I'll continue with our work today, but I'll be in Oldham tomorrow helping her with all the formalities. Therefore I shall be offline and may have to stay overnight, but I'll let I_C have a mobile number.

The fight goes on.........my Uncle would have wanted it!

I'll continue with our work today, but I'll be in Oldham tomorrow helping her with all the formalities. Therefore I shall be offline and may have to stay overnight, but I'll let I_C have a mobile number.

Terry

sorry to hear about this and our thoughts are with you and your family,

cheers Richard

Bill Shankly's often misquoted words are:

'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.

I'm very disappointed with that attitude.

I can assure you it is much, much more important than that'.

I have kept telling people that the news immediately following last Wednesday's Planning Committee meeting, that TTA were giving up and that was effectively the end of the Club as we know it, was like hearing that someone close was on a life support system, waiting for it to be switched off. Thankfully, things look a lot more rosy now.

I have received the bad news that my Uncle died in Oldham this morning. My Aunt said that she managed to read to him my letter in Friday's Chron before he died, which has reduced me to tears!

I said what we're doing on OWTB pales into insignificance by comparison, but she is fully behind the campaign.

Sorry to hear about your loss. I hope all your family are coping as best as possible.